Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

We're not made of money, child!

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 1:29 PM
  • 6 Replies

My son's 7th birthday is later this month. He has asked for an ipod, a bike, and a Lego Minecraft set. Each of those things is $70+! Plus, he asked to take a few friends to a hockey game (we are big Dallas Stars fans), but the one weekend game this month is priced at $35 a pop for the worst seats in the whole stadium. Poor guy has no idea how expensive it all is, but when did his tastes get so sophisticated?! 

I passed off most of his list to the grandparents. Hopefully they're able to get what he wants because I sure as heck can't. What ever happened to Hot Wheels and play clothes and pizza parties at home? 

by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 1:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
deccaf
by Group Admin on Jan. 6, 2015 at 1:34 PM

Totally get it.  I now have AMerican Girl, Anything Frozen, and the clothing battles!  Who knew a 4 year old had such fashion sense?

harvytriny
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 2:39 PM
Say It Really, Am Wondering How My 21/5y.O Can Demand For Her Nails To Be Pollished And Face Added In Makeup? If She Exceeds 2 What More Will She Demand.
Quoting deccaf:

Totally get it.  I now have AMerican Girl, Anything Frozen, and the clothing battles!  Who knew a 4 year old had such fashion sense?

the3Rs
by Group Admin on Jan. 6, 2015 at 2:40 PM

I hear ya'.  I SO miss those days.  I was just thinking how much easier it was back when a box of blocks or some Thomas trains made their day, lol :)

MindPalace
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 3:32 PM

Lol! Brody is still easy for me, but he has a strong fashion sense. I think his favorite Christmas gifts were a pair of blue rainboots I got him and his batman jacket with bat ears on the hood from my mom. ; )

Quoting deccaf:

MindPalace
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 3:34 PM

The blocks! If only, if only. Although they were a real pain to step on (not that I've traded up anything with Legos nowadays). 

Quoting the3Rs:

I hear ya'.  I SO miss those days.  I was just thinking how much easier it was back when a box of blocks or some Thomas trains made their day, lol :)

adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 6:06 PM

I don't know what happened, but my 8 yo is the same way. Turning 9 next week. Wants to invite all the boys in his grade (21 of them) to go bowling. He picked out this cool alligator cupcake design where you take the cupcakes and put them into a shape of a big alligator and then frost them accordingly. It's cute but I don't have the time to do it, or the money to pay someone else to do it! We'll probably reach a compromise on the bowling though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)