• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Beach

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 2:43 PM
  • 11 Replies

Steph has been requesting a beach trip. With the addition of a S'Mores roast when the sun goes down.  It's something we did over the summer, and she really enjoyed it. 

DH just texted and told me he thinks Steph is right and we need a beach vacay.  But he wants it to be warm.  Does he realize it's January?  It won't get above 70 during the day!

by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 2:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 6:08 PM

Honey, 70 IS warm! Remember? You're maybe the only one of all the group here who is warm! Most of us are in the 20s, 10s, and some even below zero temps......We'd LOVE to have it 70 degrees!  :)

But yeah - the smores on the beach sound pretty awesome right now....as I sit in my dining room looking out the window to the snow and ice, with my puker in the next room.

smorgan865
by Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 6:10 PM
Where are you? Cruises are fairly inexpensive now and you may be able to get a last minute deal. The Caribbean Jan/Feb/March is my favorite!
calsmom62
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 7:09 PM
- 6 overnight here tonight . Id take a 65degree beach day......
Mamie_85
by Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 7:11 PM

70 sounds freaking amazing right now. it's 3 degrees right now. 3. which is warmer than it has been.

deccaf
by Group Admin on Jan. 6, 2015 at 10:42 PM
Ok, San Diego spoiled. We booked for June at the beach. I reserved an oceanfront cottage and they upgraded us to a villa. I guess staying often has perks.
deccaf
by Group Admin on Jan. 6, 2015 at 10:44 PM
I know 70 during the day sounds lovely, but I'm sitting here in a hoodie and warm slippers. I've been spoiled with warm weather year round.

Quoting adamsmom0116:

Honey, 70 IS warm! Remember? You're maybe the only one of all the group here who is warm! Most of us are in the 20s, 10s, and some even below zero temps......We'd LOVE to have it 70 degrees!  :)

But yeah - the smores on the beach sound pretty awesome right now....as I sit in my dining room looking out the window to the snow and ice, with my puker in the next room.

deccaf
by Group Admin on Jan. 6, 2015 at 10:45 PM
I'm in San diego, so cruising is an option, but they all hit Mexico and I don't have a passport. I'll have to fix that soon.

Quoting smorgan865: Where are you? Cruises are fairly inexpensive now and you may be able to get a last minute deal. The Caribbean Jan/Feb/March is my favorite!
deccaf
by Group Admin on Jan. 6, 2015 at 10:45 PM
No negatives here. I won't go outside unless necessary for under 50.

Quoting calsmom62: - 6 overnight here tonight . Id take a 65degree beach day......
deccaf
by Group Admin on Jan. 6, 2015 at 10:46 PM
Yikes! Not interested in that! I've lived in cold. I was in Chicago while in the navy. Not a place I even want to visit during the winter again.

Quoting Mamie_85:

70 sounds freaking amazing right now. it's 3 degrees right now. 3. which is warmer than it has been.

calsmom62
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 10:52 PM
It was 10 earlier kds went to school in sweatshirts

Quoting deccaf: No negatives here. I won't go outside unless necessary for under 50.

Quoting calsmom62: - 6 overnight here tonight . Id take a 65degree beach day......
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)