Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I asked for it!

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 8:54 AM
  • 9 Replies

SOOOOOO.......SS2, the one playing college football - graduated community college in December and his new scholarship doesn't start til fall. So, he's taking this semester and actually working for my employer in a temp position that just happened to be available. He should be able to earn enough to pay for his additional college bills for the next two years, and still have some spending money. YAY!

BUT.......he moved home. My grocery bill has literally doubled. We went from 5 people to 6 and the food bill DOUBLES????? I'd forgotten how much this kid eats.

I may need a second job to help with the grocery expense!

by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 8:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Marti123
by Platinum Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 11:11 AM
Lol, i had a cousin that actually played college football and I remember him eating a TON! Like plates piled high, repeated trips to the buffet line at family dinners. So much muscle, so much exercise!

My DH will randomly say things like "you have to make triple this recipe when the boys are teens." It's sort of hard to imagine.
deccaf
by Group Admin on Jan. 20, 2015 at 11:14 AM

Oh no!  Football players do eat a lot!  Any chance you can have him help out with the food? 

MindPalace
by Bronze Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 11:19 AM

Haha, hey, well, that's mostly good news! You scare me with those food bills, though. My 7 year old has already increased his appetite a ton this year. I fear the teen years!

adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 1:10 PM

Yeah, just wait. It's crazy! SS1 and SS3 also played football, baseball, basketball, did wrestling.....They didn't and don't eat as much as SS2. Still plenty but not as much. I'd weight 600 pounds if I ate like that!!

Quoting Marti123: Lol, i had a cousin that actually played college football and I remember him eating a TON! Like plates piled high, repeated trips to the buffet line at family dinners. So much muscle, so much exercise! My DH will randomly say things like "you have to make triple this recipe when the boys are teens." It's sort of hard to imagine.

adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 1:11 PM

Maybe. I'm not brave enough to approach that with dh though.

Quoting deccaf:

Oh no!  Football players do eat a lot!  Any chance you can have him help out with the food? 

adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 1:12 PM

Yeah, sorry. Hold onto your wallet. Here's an example:

When it's just the rest of us and we have mashed potatoes, we make 1 potato per person...so about 5-6 potatoes. When SS2 joins us, we make 5 pounds of potatoes.

Quoting MindPalace:

Haha, hey, well, that's mostly good news! You scare me with those food bills, though. My 7 year old has already increased his appetite a ton this year. I fear the teen years!

M4LG5
by Valeri on Jan. 20, 2015 at 1:20 PM

My nephew plays basketball for his community college and he is 6'8".  My poor sister and her grocery bills.  hahaha.

the3Rs
by Group Admin on Jan. 20, 2015 at 1:39 PM
My 3 boys aren't big into sports - DS15 runs cross country and does golf - but MAN can they eat. Our grocery bill is huge and they're always hungry.
calsmom62
by Gold Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 8:26 PM
yes .. when it comes to teen boys they expand your food budget exponentially...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)