Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how does your housework get done?

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 7:55 PM
  • 13 Replies
I do morning and night chores while my kids are sleeping. That's how i get laundry done and dinner made. My kids do nightly chores about ten minutes worth and weekly chores about an hours worth. And I have a cleaning lady that comes once a week for four hours.
by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 7:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lstrickland
by New Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 7:57 PM
I do the majority now as I am only part time about 20 hours a week. I will soon move up. My husband helps sOme. Kids all have chores and I deep clean on Sundays
smorgan865
by Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 7:58 PM
Housework gets done?!

Kidding!

I tidy up each night a bit after the kids go to bed. Dishes are done every night, countertops cleared off. Then on Saturday I pick up a little more thoroughly and mop the floors after the kids go to bed. Laundry gets done on Saturday'/Sunday. DH helps me fold while we watch movies.

Sometimes not EVERYTHING gets done. But for the most part the house is in a sort of clean state.
the3Rs
by Group Admin on Feb. 18, 2015 at 11:19 PM
We have a pretty good system. The kids keep their room picked up each night (just takes a few minutes).

I unload clean dishes in the morning and then dishes from breakfast through dinner are put in throughout the day (Whenever someone is here to use dishes). Then the dishwasher is run after dinner. Anything that doesn't fit is hand washed - maybe 10 minutes on a bad night.

Laundry is done 1-2 loads per day before and after work. The kids fold and put away their own. My oldest kid washes/dries his own as well. My middle son sometimes washes/dries his own.

Counters & table are cleaned after every meal.

vacuuming, dusting, mopping, windows, bathrooms, etc. are done as a family usually Sat. mornings for maybe an hour.

It works well, doesn't eat a ton of time, and makes for a clean house. though if I am extra busy at work or very sick, suddenly no one does anything and it quickly devolves into Chaos, lol.
calsmom62
by Gold Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 11:46 PM
1 mom liked this
fairies and elves.. the gnomes come by for heavier cleaning...
Cowgirl_Coyote
by Member on Feb. 19, 2015 at 12:22 AM
My husband and I work opposite schedules so we both do the farm and house chores.
ljmom24
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2015 at 4:57 AM
1 mom liked this
Um when I figure it out I will let you know....

weaveress
by Member on Feb. 19, 2015 at 7:46 AM
1 mom liked this
Please send them my way. They are skipping my house again.

Quoting calsmom62: fairies and elves.. the gnomes come by for heavier cleaning...
WILDCATGAL78
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2015 at 4:54 PM

I do it all on the weekends. I keep the kitchen pretty clean on a daily basis. I do a lot of crock pot meals during the week for a easy clean up.

happinessforyou
by Member on Feb. 19, 2015 at 5:59 PM

I was on your team, cheering you on until the cleaning lady showed up!!! lol

weaveress
by Member on Feb. 19, 2015 at 7:03 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol. Sorry to disappoint. I don't get to the deep cleaning and she does. :-)

Quoting happinessforyou:

I was on your team, cheering you on until the cleaning lady showed up!!! lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)