Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you manage Spring Break?

Posted by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 11:55 PM
  • 16 Replies

Do you take time off from work when your kids get off for Spring Break if they are too young to be home alone? 

by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 11:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 9:21 AM
1 mom liked this

Well, the teenagers really should be supervised moreso than my 9 year old  ;)

When ds was younger, he would go to daycare. He liked it because his friends were there. This year he is spending the week at Grandma and Grandpa's. He's been doing that for the last few years. They are 5 hours away so a week at a time works perfect.

mattsmate
by Bronze Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 9:44 AM
DD is still in preK so she just stays at preschool/daycare. She will go there before and after school next year and they keep them for breaks too.

Wife to Matt (7/12/09) and mommy to Samara (10/2010)

big smile mini

ljmom24
by Silver Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 12:35 PM

My parents and in laws will switch off. We have a girl going oiut on medical leave at end of this month and should still be out come April vacation so not the best time to take time off at work. For February vacation I took a day but also saving time off for the summer.

mom2boys664
by Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 1:09 PM

Well my kids only get two days off for spring break, but they go to the preschool that the youngest went to a few years ago,  We know the family that owns it and they charge us $30 per kid per day.  They also go there on the other days school is closed.  It's not the most fun for the older two, but they bring their electronics and just get to hang out all day.

busy_mama27
by Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 1:44 PM

My 7 year old stays home mostly.  My husband works from home 3 days a week, I  work the other 2 from home.  She has a couple friends coming over a couple days and activities at the library a couple hours a day.  Other than that... she finds stuff to do at home.  My 3 year old is in preschool so its business as usual for him.

TiredMomto3
by Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 7:26 PM

My older kids stay home and hang out with various family members. My youngest still goes to preschool so his schedule stays the same. 

Jessiejack
by Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 7:32 PM

My son will attend his theraputic program 1/2days that week then go to work with DH for the afternoon. My DD has sports everyday that week so she will have to get up and go to work in the morning with DH then to practice. She will hang out with friends the rest of the time.

calsmom62
by Gold Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 8:27 PM
Usually I send the youngest to a day camp for the week but this yr dads schedule is such he will be free more so kiddo is staying home . older ds volunteers during school breaks at a youth program downtown in the public housing section so he wont be home during the day .
mrsary
by Bronze Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 8:47 PM
Day care at their before/after center.
the3Rs
by Group Admin on Mar. 17, 2015 at 12:11 AM
I'm here at home working, but I usually take vacation anyway. This year, DH & I are only taking 2 days off (Thurs. & Fri.) so hopefully we can all go somewhere and do something fun. This is the first year DH will be able take time off during it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)