Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What a hassle!

Posted by on May. 7, 2015 at 10:19 AM
  • 6 Replies

Oldest stepdaughter needed a small amount of help this month.  DH tried to deposit $200 cash to her account.  Since he is not on the account, they won't allow us to deposit cash.  Annoying!  Apparently it is a new banking regulation that there must be a paper trail, so no cash deposit unless you are on the account.

OK, whatever.  DH didn't have the checkbook, so I got to delay my dinner (everyone else was able to eat on time), so I could run to the bank and deposit a check.

I don't mind helping people out, but geez!  Can we make it a little easier?

Visit Investors!

by on May. 7, 2015 at 10:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
smorgan865
by Member on May. 7, 2015 at 10:21 AM

That's so weird! In college I specifically chose a bank that had a location both where I was, and where my dad was so he could help me out once in a while. He always used cash.

My bank actually just switched to a "paperless" depsit system, and I HATE it! You have to go in, swipe your debit card, enter your pin, THEN they process your deposit or whatever. Then you have to approve it on the pinpad screen. And through the drivethrough you have to give your license and then verbally tell them what you want to do. It takes easily twice as long as beore.

MinglingMom
by Member on May. 7, 2015 at 11:23 AM

That's really strange. The whole point of depositing cash is so the money is there immediately but if you do a check, the user usually have to wait a day or two. Hassle indeed. I'm sorry.

ljmom24
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2015 at 12:23 PM

That is pain. I guess I could see reasoning but for $200. I mean maybe $2000 but $200

nursejay
by Member on May. 7, 2015 at 2:54 PM
Wow!! I didn't know that. How annoying
calsmom62
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2015 at 6:03 PM

Even banking is hard.    We just have links to the kids account like wire transfer.   

Marti123
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2015 at 7:58 PM
Who would have thought?? I did not realize this.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)