Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you expect anything?

Posted by on May. 7, 2015 at 10:22 AM
  • 13 Replies

For Mother's Day from your SO?

I don't.  Steph is 4, so she will make something cute, and DH will take her somewhere to pick something out, probably on Saturday night/Sunday morning.

I don't expect DH to get me anything, I am not his mother, but he has every year.  His mother also gets me something. 

Visit Investors!

by on May. 7, 2015 at 10:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MinglingMom
by Member on May. 7, 2015 at 10:47 AM

No. All I expect is to be able to sleep in and him to make breakfast... but that's because that's what he told me he was doing. lol. And I'm perfectly okay with that since this is his first Mother's Day home with me.

adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2015 at 10:51 AM

I don't. DS usually makes something at school, and SS22 sends flowers and signs all the other kids' names. The middle 3 kids don't acknowledge the day at all. DH will cook me a special meal or we'll go out.....

But this year might be different since we're trying to get the new house ready, get the old house packed etc, and get ready for SS18's graduation and the accompanying houseful of visiting relatives next weekend.

ljmom24
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2015 at 12:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes I do. My father used to do that she isn't MY mother line but my mom carried your kids, gave birth to us, and cared for us so yes until we were old enough to go get her something it is YOUR job. It ticked my mom off to no end. At one point she was caring for his dad too.

When my kids get old enough yes it should be on them but for now I gave birth to his big headed kids. I do 90% of the child care so yes I expect some token from him.

the3Rs
by Group Admin on May. 7, 2015 at 1:08 PM

I doubt it, lol.

ame4c
by Member on May. 7, 2015 at 1:17 PM
I don't even expect my kids to get me anything.

My dd made me a card and that will be the extent of my gifts from 5 children. I've come to the conclusion I'm just background noise to my family.
Superlaura328
by New Member on May. 7, 2015 at 2:16 PM

No, not at all. I just like to sleep late and have dinner made for me... pretty easy to please! :)

arthistmom
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2015 at 3:12 PM

Yes. He and our boys decide on where I would like to go for brunch (we're big on brunch), then they make reservations. On Sunday morning I'll put on a nice frock and we go. Afterwards my husband takes out the boys and let me have the afternoon to myself. Then my husband usually likes to grill something for dinner. 

mattsmate
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2015 at 10:12 AM
I'll stay in bed late, most likely. We are going to our usual Mother's Day BBQ at our cousins' house. I know that DH is planning on taking DD to get me something.
Usually, from him, I don't get much. He is not a great gift giver.

Wife to Matt (7/12/09) and mommy to Samara (10/2010)

big smile mini

kiamsunflower
by Member on May. 8, 2015 at 5:50 PM

Nah. We just do kid craft gifts for Mother's and Father's Day.

M4LG5
by Valeri on May. 8, 2015 at 6:16 PM

Yes.....I expect him to help the girls get what they want to give me.  I don't think that mother's day is just for kids....I do feel it's a family appreciation to the mother (me).  I feel the same way for father's day.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)