• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

End of year update??

Posted by on May. 17, 2015 at 5:50 PM
  • 24 Replies
So moms, mamas, mommies and/or mothers, is the end of school coming up, gone already? What is summer looking like??

Was it a good year for you littles, middles, and bigger ones?

Feel like we have all been super busy lately, check in with me!!!
by on May. 17, 2015 at 5:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ljmom24
by Silver Member on May. 17, 2015 at 6:28 PM

We still have over a month left. Summer isn't really on my radar yet aside from finally putting deposit down on camp and reserving the hotel for summer trip.

school is still up in air so far 4th quarter is going great for older ds 2 Aa and 2 Bs. Younger one been in green more then blue so that's  good. Think taking the spring off from baseball has been great. Dh is working hard on the yard and I'm redoing the boys room.

calsmom62
by Gold Member on May. 17, 2015 at 7:30 PM
We have school till June 26. I'm worried ds-13 may have summer school due to serious lack of effort so planning camps is dicey because there wont be a summer school schedule out till late June and we wont know till the grading period ends if he has to go--- ever so helpful ...
Marti123
by Platinum Member on May. 17, 2015 at 7:33 PM
Wow, that seems like so much school time left!

I do not think we had any snow days, so ODS is done this week!

Glad their evaluations are looking good.

Quoting ljmom24:

We still have over a month left. Summer isn't really on my radar yet aside from finally putting deposit down on camp and reserving the hotel for summer trip.

school is still up in air so far 4th quarter is going great for older ds 2 Aa and 2 Bs. Younger one been in green more then blue so that's  good. Think taking the spring off from baseball has been great. Dh is working hard on the yard and I'm redoing the boys room.

Marti123
by Platinum Member on May. 17, 2015 at 7:35 PM
The snow thing set you guys so far back!

Ugh, sorry about the summer school thing. Summer camp planning is hard enough when you know a schedule!

Quoting calsmom62: We have school till June 26. I'm worried ds-13 may have summer school due to serious lack of effort so planning camps is dicey because there wont be a summer school schedule out till late June and we wont know till the grading period ends if he has to go--- ever so helpful ...
Jessiejack
by Member on May. 17, 2015 at 9:15 PM

Summer seems so far away. We are not out till the end of June. DD has done great this year and is looking forward to her senior year. Looks like DS will be repeating 1st grade. DD will be working as a life guard and DS will attend his theraputic program all summer. No big vacations planned as we will go again to NC in the fall for a second visit to the college my DD will be attending fall of 2016. I might take a Monday or two and make a few weekend trips. 

deccaf
by Group Admin on May. 18, 2015 at 9:57 AM

Steph isn't in school yet.  She has one more year of Pre-K, then to school

Seagodess
by Member on May. 18, 2015 at 12:38 PM

DS doesn't get out until the 9th. Its been a good school year. We dont have plans for summer really. He'll be going out of state with family for a few weeks. Other then that, I dont know. 

Marti123
by Platinum Member on May. 18, 2015 at 2:07 PM

Is your DS old enough to stay alone? or did you have to arrange sitters or camps?

Quoting Seagodess:

DS doesn't get out until the 9th. Its been a good school year. We dont have plans for summer really. He'll be going out of state with family for a few weeks. Other then that, I dont know. 

Seagodess
by Member on May. 18, 2015 at 2:10 PM

Neither. We work opposite shifts, so we dont have to worry about a babysitter. If DH gets this new job he is applying for, it may be something we will have to look into though.

Quoting Marti123:

Is your DS old enough to stay alone? or did you have to arrange sitters or camps?

Quoting Seagodess:

Reese2010727
by Member on May. 18, 2015 at 2:13 PM

School ends Thursday..my DS is going to summer school for 3 weeks

His bday is June 30th and we're going to SeaWorld San Antonio. I'm sure we'll take several other road trips.

This was his first year in school. He was in prek3 and has been doing things they said he'd never do(he's autistic) so I'll say it's been a FANTASTIC year! :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)