• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

laundry question

Posted by on May. 17, 2015 at 8:55 PM
  • 4 Replies
ds managed to get a fair amount of exterior paint on two pairs of new jeans this weekend. one pr is standard Levi material the other pr is kind of shiny smooth grayish blue fabric but still from Levi's . I took a Dobie pad and dawn to the first pr and got some off but not all... any suggestions on how to safely remove the paint
by on May. 17, 2015 at 8:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Jessiejack
by Member on May. 17, 2015 at 9:08 PM

Sorry, my husband always has paint stains. We have tried everything. Nothing works

calsmom62
by Gold Member on May. 17, 2015 at 9:20 PM
Thanks... I warned him to change on two diff days... sheesh..
Marti123
by Platinum Member on May. 18, 2015 at 9:38 AM
1 mom liked this
In my experience, unless I catch it immediately & can wash it off with dish soap, it stays.

Can you try paint remover/thinner? I was was thinking I cleaned up some rags once, and they stayed the same color but the paint came off. But i do not think I have tried it with jeans.
Linda_Runs
by Bronze Member on May. 19, 2015 at 8:14 AM

This is so true.  Paint thinner will get some out, but it will stain.  I would say those jeans are now painting jeans.

Quoting Marti123: In my experience, unless I catch it immediately & can wash it off with dish soap, it stays. Can you try paint remover/thinner? I was was thinking I cleaned up some rags once, and they stayed the same color but the paint came off. But i do not think I have tried it with jeans.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)