Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bad Mom winner - RIGHT HERE!

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2015 at 2:43 PM
  • 10 Replies

So, DS has been telling us about this music memory competition that he wants to do. The school sent home a note with all the kids with the audition info, etc. They make a recording at school and it's $5 to send it in - basically just to cover the cost of the tape (CD??) and postage.

He's been telling me about it and last night he said, OH, the $5 for that is due tomorrow. TO which I replied, OK. I'm right in the middle of supper, but as soon as I'm done I'll get you a check.

And then I forgot until this morning at work. SO I called the school and got a check dropped off.

Yeah, so the school just called and said they didn't need my check because DS had already paid the music teacher this morning with his own money.

NIIIIICE. Way to go, me! CRAP CRAP CRAP!

by on Oct. 29, 2015 at 2:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MixedCooke
by Bronze Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 2:58 PM
Maybe your husband gave him the money.
deccaf
by Group Admin on Oct. 29, 2015 at 3:21 PM
3 moms liked this

The positive in this- he is becoming responsible for his own things.  He wanted something and made sure it got done.  Now all you have to do is pay him back (if you want).

adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 3:35 PM

I don't think so. DS told the music teacher that he paid it with his own money.

Quoting MixedCooke: Maybe your husband gave him the money.

adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 3:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes! And for that I am very thankful and proud of him! I do plan on settling up with him tonight. :)

Quoting deccaf:

The positive in this- he is becoming responsible for his own things.  He wanted something and made sure it got done.  Now all you have to do is pay him back (if you want).

calsmom62
by Gold Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 10:17 PM
It happens.. recently at my house with the psat in school-- I forgot to give ds 15.00 but he took care of it on his own... kind of makes you proud, and relieved... they are going to be adults one day after all
jewels.unicorn
by Member on Oct. 30, 2015 at 9:02 AM

My ds did the same thing, reminded me the night before about money for a trip or something and I forgot the next morning. He called me at work to ask me where I'd left the money for him and then when we realized I'd forgotten, he offered to use his own money and I could pay him back - he was 11/12 at the time.

Makes you feel crappy that you forgot, but proud that they can problem solve like this too! And glad they've got the cash to do it too! haha

tabicatinthehat
by New Member on Oct. 30, 2015 at 9:44 AM

I feel so bad when I forget to give my son money for school. What kind of asshole does that? You should be proud o fhim though. An apology and paying him back should fix it.

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Oct. 30, 2015 at 10:11 PM
1 mom liked this
It all worked out. On any given, if we as a family are dressed in clean clothes and only forget one or even to things for our days, it's a WIN!
mortylady
by on Oct. 30, 2015 at 11:00 PM
Oh man! I'm proud of him FOR you! That's great! I'd probably surprise him with something worth around $10 he had been wanting and apologize but emphasize how proud I am of him for taking the initiative and acting so grown up.
callisto22
by Member on Nov. 2, 2015 at 7:05 PM

ooops, been there! Great to know that you have such an awesome son though! (I'm sure you already knew, but its always nice when these things work out!)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)