Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New Endeavor - Questions about Marketing

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2016 at 2:05 PM
  • 5 Replies

I'm going to change directions as an independent sales rep for a jewelry company.

How would you feel if a neighbor invited you to a "Pop Up Party" (selling jewelry) at their home (within 2-3 blocks)?

I belong to a group for entrepreneurs and business owners, so I will also be networking this way for clients, and using Facebook & Pinterest.

Just looking for ways to get to meet people in my city, to gain more clients?

by on Jan. 23, 2016 at 2:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Jessiejack
by Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 8:14 PM

I don't wear jewelry so I never enjoy those parties. If someone invites me I try to go as I do enjoy the time out. 

virginiamama71
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 8:53 PM

I probably wouldn't go because I don't need any jewelry.

TheYesMom
by on Jan. 23, 2016 at 8:57 PM
I dred these types of invites :( it feels like an obligation to buy things i would not normally buy, if i wat something i want to buy it on my terms
TheYesMom
by on Jan. 23, 2016 at 9:00 PM
I will say tho, i frequently see an interesting piece posted on fb that i immediately purchase. So i guess i dont like those "open parties" or whatever, but if i come across something i like, i buy. If that makes sense. Just offering a suggestion :)
strongerwtime
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2016 at 6:09 PM

I am turning my "party" into a business launch for myself mingle and meet gathering. I promoted it by letting people know that it is my business launch Im putting on for myself...They come eat, win some raffles, I display my goods, but I have no buying expectation. Its done at my home with an invite done on facebook.  Only select individuals are invited. The ones that come are the ones that want to come. I invited about 85 folks, 17 accepted, 7 are maybe.  But this event is not until April so the rest have time to make up their minds about it. I think sometimes the further out you plan it the better the turnout.  I started planning this 5 months ago. Further out gives people more time to think about it and then you post monthy updates/reminders in the invite....it flags those you invited to take a look..some people just havent gotten to the invite yet so it prompts them/reminds them to reply.  I may end up with only 10 folks at the mingle but honestly, Im fine with that.... Thats another thing. Be ok with whoever shows up and make it awesome for them.  They will tell someone how great it was or send a referral your way :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)