Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Don't know how I'm going to do this.......

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2016 at 5:09 PM
  • 7 Replies
I have to. I started a PT Home business that I'm hoping will turn into a FT work from home job. In the meantime I'm still working a regular 8hr job but I work for a Temporary Agency until I can find a permanent job. I now have been assigned 2 jobs for the PT job which is actually a lot of looking things up on internet or having to make phone calls. I'm thinking of waking up at 4:50a do some of the PT work until 6:30a when I have to start getting myself and kids ready for school (kids are 10 & 13), go to work 9-5:30, get home, have dinner while talking to my kids, then getting back on the PT from 7p-11p. Except on Monday & Wednesday when I go to Zumba from 8p-10p. Saturday's get up at 7a and work when ever I possibly can until 8 or 9 at night and same for Sunday's?

Do you all think it will be feasible or too much?
by on Mar. 30, 2016 at 5:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
virginiamama71
by Bronze Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 5:52 PM
3 moms liked this

I got tired just reading your plan. LOL

it would be too much for me.

Jessiejack
by Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 6:26 PM
1 mom liked this

That sounds more than PT work. It would be to much for me. 

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 9:59 PM
What is your schedule like now? Have you ever focused & worked constantly without downtime in the past? Do you sleep well? Do you have an end goal or time duration? How supportive is your family? Are you ready and prepare to not be available for you children at some times? Do you handle stress well?

All of those questions make a difference to if I think it is feasible. I have an intense schedule. I do not recommend it if you have other alternative choices. It can be very overwhelming and takes immense sacrifice from you & family.
bethanymommy
by on Mar. 30, 2016 at 10:02 PM
1 mom liked this
I could not do that. No way.
ljmom24
by Silver Member on Mar. 31, 2016 at 6:32 AM

It depends. Some people can thrive on working that much others will crash. If it's fir a few weeks be months that can make a difference. Age and needs of the kids and help around the house have to be concidered too. 

deccaf
by Group Admin on Mar. 31, 2016 at 10:20 AM
1 mom liked this

If you are committed, you can do it.  Otherwise, you may end up committed with that schedule.  I have done the super busy work/school/mom/wife thing.  You can only do it all for a short time.  You may need to schedule in some down time.

LuvHugs429
by Member on Mar. 31, 2016 at 10:45 AM
I worked at home before doing a split shift if I got tired I took an hour during the day. I can't really do that. I'm really hoping to do the work from home by July. We will see. I do all work on a laptop so I can take it with me and work while my kids are doing sports. I do Zumba twice a week, I will also get some free time.

Quoting Marti123: What is your schedule like now? Have you ever focused & worked constantly without downtime in the past? Do you sleep well? Do you have an end goal or time duration? How supportive is your family? Are you ready and prepare to not be available for you children at some times? Do you handle stress well?

All of those questions make a difference to if I think it is feasible. I have an intense schedule. I do not recommend it if you have other alternative choices. It can be very overwhelming and takes immense sacrifice from you & family.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)