Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you hold grudges

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 8:14 AM
  • 4 Replies
I guess I'm a hypocrite. Yesterday I was "lecturing" my team lead about holding a grudge. Well I must confess I don't like one of Dh friends. Now I do have good reason but that was over 16 years ago. He may have grown up. He lives out of state and we hardly ever see him which helps but today's our anniversary and he keeps posting these pictures to my post and I can't stop think a-hole you left my name out of the toast. That's not the only reason for my grudge but doesn't help...

So guess it's time to take my own advice. Get a brick build a bridge and get over it 😉
by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 8:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
theResidentCat
by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 8:17 AM

I guess that depends. I dont really consider it a grudge if you dislike someone for logical reason and avoid association with them or at least act civil. Grudges is when you treat people like shit because you do not like them, want others to know it, them to know it, and loud about it.

I have an aunt I avoid because she is pure drama and crazy as hell! I dont consider it a grudge I avoid her, but I am civil to her when she is around.

ljmom24
by Silver Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 8:58 AM
Well he is out of state so Dh doesn't see him much. Think if he lived in state it would have put a strain on us. Um but like i did tell everyone at work what an a$$ Dh best man was and how he skipped my name in the toast and didn't understand why Dh couldn't spend all night at his house after we got married or that it's wrong to expect someone else to foot the bill to move you across country but like again he is out of state and they'd never meet him so no harm and I imagine I'll only see him a handful of times as long as he doesn't move home so avoiding him is so easy. But he still boils my blood some

Quoting theResidentCat:

I guess that depends. I dont really consider it a grudge if you dislike someone for logical reason and avoid association with them or at least act civil. Grudges is when you treat people like shit because you do not like them, want others to know it, them to know it, and loud about it.

I have an aunt I avoid because she is pure drama and crazy as hell! I dont consider it a grudge I avoid her, but I am civil to her when she is around.

adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 9:48 AM
1 mom liked this

I try not to but sometimes it's REALLY hard!

deccaf
by Group Admin on Apr. 8, 2016 at 10:01 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree that if it was so long ago, depending on the original trangression, it may be time to let it go.

But I could take my own advice.  I, too, hold a grudge against someone for things that happened long ago.  But I have tried to allow the person back in and got burned again.  So maybe repeat offenses need to be evaluated and a toxic person just left alone.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)