Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I ran out

Posted by on Apr. 20, 2016 at 2:45 PM
  • 10 Replies

Of checks! CRAP!

I don't think I have ever run out of checks before! So now, I guess I will put some money into DH's bank account (long story, but we keep our finances somewhat separate) so he can pay some bills for me. Most of them I pay online or make purchases with a debit card but a few things I can't. UGH.

I did get some new checks ordered today, but OH MY GOODNESS! Can't believe I did that! oops

by on Apr. 20, 2016 at 2:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
deccaf
by Group Admin on Apr. 20, 2016 at 5:15 PM

I hardly ever use checks.  I have nearly run out, but not quite before.  And DH and I keep finances separate, too.  He transfers money to my account to pay bills, a set amount each week.  The rest is his to keep.

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 10:18 PM
I write like 3 checks a year, lol.

We have separate accounts too, but DH does not even have a checkbook! We'd have to meander on down to the bank.
MixedCooke
by Bronze Member on Apr. 21, 2016 at 2:20 AM

Yeah I get that since I do most of my bills online as well.

mattsmate
by Bronze Member on Apr. 21, 2016 at 10:38 AM
Most of the bills are paid online. We use checks for the housekeeper and other house stuff mostly. I'm paranoid about running out of checks though.
WILDCATGAL78
by Bronze Member on Apr. 21, 2016 at 1:14 PM

Lol! I can't remember the last time I had checks. We pay everything on line now. Just recently we are able to pay our rent online as well. We both have separate accounts but have access to each other's info. 

calsmom62
by Gold Member on Apr. 24, 2016 at 11:02 PM
we use checks for school things like field trips and dances... and for scouting trips... donations to charities... we have run out before and we vowed never to let that happen again
Marz31
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2016 at 9:51 AM

we have separate and then a joint account, we've been setup like that since we got our first appartment, about 4 years before we got married. it works well! but anyway, we got new bank accounts about 4 years ago and we ordered checks for all three accounts right away. but the checks we got with the account (like 20 or 30) I JUST got thru them all for my personal account and had to remember where I put the other checks. the joint account, I used to pay daycare and mortgage with them each month and we pay for things like school pictures and DH pays for his haircuts with checks, not much stuff, but we do still use them. I can't remember which company we ordered from, but we found a pretty good deal, like $4 a box or something. 

terra221
by on Apr. 25, 2016 at 9:54 AM
You can just go to the bank and get some temporary checks.
luvmyfidgets
by on Apr. 26, 2016 at 11:23 AM
My checks last forever because we hardly ever use them. I pay all our bills online but sometimes I miss the days of sitting down with the checkbook and writing checks and writing out the envelopes and putting stamps on them. Is that weird? There's a sense of accomplishment when you hold the stack of envelopes ready to go out.
Sydel
by Bronze Member on Apr. 26, 2016 at 3:02 PM

I ran out of checks two months ago. I took the opprotunity to invest in Disney Villian ones! I use a box every few years for the kids sports and school stuff. Plus when we bought our house I had to write a few different checks to the appraiser, ernest money, and inspector.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)