Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

School, practice, work, on my...

Posted by on Aug. 4, 2016 at 9:56 AM
  • 4 Replies

I am trying to remain calm about the start of school again, but anybody else looking at their work schedules, practices, homework load and just wonder how you are going to fit your life into the 24 hour day??

I feel bad for poor little MaeLena, that girl is getting raised in "drive-by" method, meaning we are working with her older brothers and if she's standing in th vicinity she might get hit with a piece of educational knowledge or hear a book or math fact! Otherwise she fends for herself, only getting put on the naught step if she makes too much noise. 

NOT READY FOR THE START OF SCHOOL!

by on Aug. 4, 2016 at 9:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Aug. 4, 2016 at 1:11 PM

Well, we are down to officially 2 kids at home, so life is getting easier for us. HA!

I am actually looking forward to school starting. Summertime is crazy time at our house. At least with school, we have a bit of a routine. We all seem to function better that way vs the free-for-all of summer.

Sydel
by Bronze Member on Aug. 10, 2016 at 11:23 AM

I had a mini panic attack on Monday. I have a pocket calender. I filled in all dd's marching band, concert band, band parent meetings (they gave ma calender that goes until June of 2017), then I filled in orchestra events (I'm the parent president), and the district events (I'm on a planning committe), and the fundraising events I'm hosting, plus the winter swim schedule, and the parties I'm starting to book (I'm selling damsel) and I litereally started to have trouble breathing.

Dd1 is trying out for cheer in October if she doesn't make it she will swim. So my calender is just waiting to get even more filled.

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Aug. 10, 2016 at 2:12 PM

I know I just had to enter a few more things in Outlook. It is enough to give any mom a panic attack.

Quoting Sydel:

I had a mini panic attack on Monday. I have a pocket calender. I filled in all dd's marching band, concert band, band parent meetings (they gave ma calender that goes until June of 2017), then I filled in orchestra events (I'm the parent president), and the district events (I'm on a planning committe), and the fundraising events I'm hosting, plus the winter swim schedule, and the parties I'm starting to book (I'm selling damsel) and I litereally started to have trouble breathing.

Dd1 is trying out for cheer in October if she doesn't make it she will swim. So my calender is just waiting to get even more filled.

Tableforsix
by Member on Aug. 10, 2016 at 4:46 PM

I'm excited for the new school year. All of mine are finally in school and I'll finally be going to work. I'm worried that my first day of work is their first day of school though. I wish they were off by a day or two either way at least. We don't have any after school activities set up yet, though I'm sure they'll be added throughout the year. I'm trying really hard to make this transition as easy on all of us as possible. 

Oh and dinner worries me too... I plan on making a ton of freezer stuff so my 12 year old can throw it in the crock pot, but that keeps getting shoved to the bottom of the list.It better happen soon, otherwise we'll be eating nothing but pizza and hot dogs! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)