Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The hardest time getting this job...

Posted by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 8:39 PM
  • 3 Replies
So it's way too long of story, but I took a third small job in attempt to develop an exit strategy to get out if my current job, that is requiring me to get a doctorate...for this job I need an Iowa nursing license. I have a Kansas nursing license & a Missouri nursing license. But Iowa requires the entire background check & fingerprints AGAIN!

My first fingerprint cards got lost in the mail. I finally got them, found a sheriff's office which would do my fingerprinting, but would not them on the provided cards, assured me Iowa would take the cards. Nope, Iowa wouldn't take the cards, even though they look identical. So drove an hour to a place to re-fingerprinted, and the officer Totally messed up one, putting my left hand fingers in my right labeled spot! And I still had to pay them.

This whole process looks like I am so unprofessional to my employer. I should have had the license by now, but it has been a holy living nightmare. If I would not leave them high and dry, I would up & just say, "sorry" this is too much of a pain!
by on Aug. 18, 2016 at 8:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
ALynn565
by Member on Aug. 19, 2016 at 11:40 AM

That sounds frustrating... Hope it all gets straightened out for you.. Jobs here are scarice right now,so I went and took my CNA, which I do enjoy working with the elderly, but it took almost a month to find a job in that field. They really needed them while I was in school, and now are finally needing them again.. I think their is a big turn over with CNA's.. It is not easy work, but is very rewarding.

MixedCooke
by Bronze Member on Aug. 20, 2016 at 2:24 AM

that sounds very frustrating and I would have made them redo your fingerprints since they are the ones that made the error.

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Aug. 20, 2016 at 12:36 PM
I know, but the state only sent two cards, lol and I have to use those cards, such a fiasco!

Quoting MixedCooke:

that sounds very frustrating and I would have made them redo your fingerprints since they are the ones that made the error.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)