• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ADVICE on making better choices

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 9:54 AM
  • 16 Replies

What time do you have to be at work? 

Do you have breakfast, and if you do what do you eat?

I have to be at my job at 7 in the morning and got into a bad habit of getting Starbucks and a muffin everyday. I now drink coffee from work but want something healthy or at least low on calories to substitute the muffin. If I don't have something with my coffee I am starving during lunch which causes me to eat more than I should.

by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 9:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
awelling
by New Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 9:58 AM
I eat a salad and a piece of fruit. I'm not much on breakfast food.
JTE11
by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 10:02 AM
Take a mandarin orange and cut up a hard boiled egg and make an egg sandwich. Protein will last you longer than carbs.
M4LG5
by Valeri on Sep. 7, 2016 at 10:04 AM
Lately I've been doing hard boiled eggs and Greek yogurt with frozen fruit. I will put the fruit on the plain Greek yogurt and then by the time I get to work, the fruit has thawed and some of the juices Mexico in with the yogurt. To add even more protein, I will put in sliced almonds.

Protein in the morning is your friend.
K3412
by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 10:13 AM

I get to work at 7:30, and always eat breakfast at home in the morning. I make homemade breakfast bars or have greek yogurt with fruit and granola most days. I also eat protein oatmeal with fresh fruit sometimes. It's super fast to make up, or grab on the go. A muffin is really carb and sugar heavy and doesn't really provide any good nutrients. I would ditch it as soon as possible.

Dianaet2
by New Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 10:16 AM

Do you hard boil the egg every night or do you boil a couple at a time and have them in your fridge? I guess my question is mainly how many days can I have a hard boiled egg in the fridge before it goes bad?

Quoting JTE11: Take a mandarin orange and cut up a hard boiled egg and make an egg sandwich. Protein will last you longer than carbs.

WILDCATGAL78
by Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 10:17 AM

I also have to be at work at 7am. Yes, I do eat breakfast, lunch, and snacks at work. I bring everything from home. Occasionally, I will go out for lunch. For breakfast, I have oatmeal, yogurt, bagel, english muffin, fresh fruit w/ cottage cheese. Really just anything that easy and healthy. 

virginiamama71
by Bronze Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 10:28 AM

8:30.

I usually eat oatmeal at home and banana with hot tea at work.

deccaf
by Group Admin on Sep. 7, 2016 at 2:56 PM
Fruit
Marti123
by Platinum Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 8:08 PM
1 mom liked this
I have to be at work anywhere from 6:30 to 8:00, depending on the day. I have recently lost 10 pounds by changing some really bad habits.

I bring my thermos of coffee, night before I specifically measure out my creamer & milk. I set my timer on my coffee maker and make my own coffee for the morning. So I sip that (with calories) until mid morning, then I eat a snack. It is always something I packed before hand. Banana, hard oiled egg, 28g granola, sometimes 4 oz of Noosi yogurt. I use the free livestrong app to count my calories.

Good luck.
aj_mom
by Bronze Member on Sep. 8, 2016 at 2:40 PM

I have to be at work at 8. I generally don't eat breakfast so I'm no help.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)