• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working moms prepare!

Posted by on Oct. 27, 2016 at 1:05 PM
  • 18 Replies

The holidays are coming!  Once Halloween is over, it's time to start.  Gift shopping (Thank you AMAZON!!!), wrapping, food prep, cookie making, gingerbread decorating, house decorating. 

I have already put stuff in lists for Christmas so I can begin having them show up after Halloween.  Unless there is a super deal on something, I don't generally buy before Nov.1. 

Are you all preparing?  And how are you handling school break schedules?

by on Oct. 27, 2016 at 1:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ljmom24
by Silver Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 4:14 PM
I have a coworker due the day after Christmas and 2 already on vacation so looks like it will either be grandma or we let 13 year old baby sit.

As for gifts have no clue and not stressing. Will start worrying around thanksgiving. Hoping youngest figures there is no santa soon and it will be so much better.
smorgan865
by Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 4:28 PM
I shop all year long do I always feel ready.

As for the break, DH works for the school district so he has the same break schedule.
mattsmate
by Bronze Member on Oct. 28, 2016 at 3:09 PM
I have started DD shopping only because I over bought for her bday. I do it on purpose.
I need to start thinking about my nephews and niece.

Her care program is closed for a week so I need to find something because I will definitely be working.
M4LG5
by Valeri on Oct. 28, 2016 at 3:33 PM

My girls never know what they want for Christmas until December.  They don't ask for much and they really don't like a lot of the fad toys/items....if they do, it's too much and they know I will say "no".  haha

As for breaks, this is the first year that we will be implementing our new custody arrangments.  STBX is a principal so he'll have time off when he has the girls and I will just take vacation when I have them.  Luckily they give us christmas Eve/Day and New year's eve/day off even if they are on the weekends. 

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Oct. 28, 2016 at 4:26 PM
My vacation time has been submitted!

I am bummed because the boys are growing and technology has ruined the fun of buying toys!
Sydel
by Bronze Member on Oct. 31, 2016 at 12:09 PM

Christmas lay away is already set for the little one. Just doing 5 gifts this year. Or at least that's the plan....

I usually don't cook for Thanksgiving. But since I'm forfiting Black Friday I think I want to host it this year!

I'm putting up 3 Christmas trees this year.

Linda_Runs
by Bronze Member on Nov. 2, 2016 at 7:11 AM

I am always preparing for the next holiday or school break.  With a 9 and 11 year old I need to be ready.  Handling, or managing school break schedules is tricky more with my 11 year old because she doesn't like to go to before and after school care let alone attend all day.

shadow_lark
by Member on Nov. 3, 2016 at 3:12 PM
Oh lord, I've got too much to do lol. I won't be gift shopping til the beginning of December, but I've got tons of baking and prep to get done before then for my goodie boxes. Thanks for the reminder though...off to eBay I go!
deccaf
by Group Admin on Nov. 3, 2016 at 3:36 PM

Pretty sure I am going to get all my dry ingredients together for all my baking.  Then write a little card with what is left to be added and go.

Quoting shadow_lark: Oh lord, I've got too much to do lol. I won't be gift shopping til the beginning of December, but I've got tons of baking and prep to get done before then for my goodie boxes. Thanks for the reminder though...off to eBay I go!

theResidentCat
by on Nov. 3, 2016 at 3:40 PM
Our solution to holiday misery and pack up and leave to hawaii.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)