Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you do "Secret Santa" or other holiday activities at work?

Posted by on Nov. 28, 2016 at 2:53 AM
  • 23 Replies

??

by on Nov. 28, 2016 at 2:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ljmom24
by Silver Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 6:20 AM
They are doing one but I'm being scrodgy this year. I usually don't mind being festive this time of year BUT the people running this years holiday party are not very polically correct and it's a little to Christmasy for this Jewish girl's liking. I'm not the only that was put off by the tone. I still plane on getting my team some holiday treats.
Reese2010727
by Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 7:17 AM
We buy gifts for the whole office but we keep everything at $5
Linda_Runs
by Bronze Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 8:23 AM

Of all the professions I have worked in, the legal profession is the most scrooge of them all!  At best there is a Christmas dinner at a restaurant. 

Now, when I was in the Navy, we had huge Christmas parties.  There was always a section lunch, always a couple evening Christmas party with no spared activities and a Children's Christmas party.

adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 9:29 AM

Our company has a Christmas party for employees and spouses.

As far as gifts, we don't do anything. Some years I've gotten my employees little gifts $5-$10, but as a general rule, there's no gift exchanging going on.

calsmom62
by Gold Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 6:55 PM
Our dept draws names with a $25 limit.. and then there is a $5 yankee swap at the larger office party.
calsmom62
by Gold Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 6:59 PM
We try to be inclusive... Christmas, Chanukah, Kwanzaa, Yule, ... Eids that move on the calendar even more than Chanukah... We try to be somewhst neutral... but I'm sure there are more trees and reindeer than menorahs in the offices..

Quoting ljmom24: They are doing one but I'm being scrodgy this year. I usually don't mind being festive this time of year BUT the people running this years holiday party are not very polically correct and it's a little to Christmasy for this Jewish girl's liking. I'm not the only that was put off by the tone. I still plane on getting my team some holiday treats.
virginiamama71
by Bronze Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 7:10 PM
My department does something called white elephant gift exchange. $10 limit. And we have a luncheon outside the office playing games and they give out prizes.
happinessforyou
by Member on Nov. 29, 2016 at 4:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Do I want to? Do I like to? Or am I forced to?

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Nov. 29, 2016 at 9:10 PM
No I try to avoid those at all,costs!l
RocknRoll.Rose
by Member on Nov. 30, 2016 at 12:23 AM

Yes we do a secret Santa and my boss does gifts for everyone and stockings for our kids. We have a Christmas party. She even did a little stocking for the baby I was pregnant with last Christmas. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)