Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you have a Smart Watch?

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2017 at 4:42 PM
  • 10 Replies
1 mom liked this

Do you like it? Do you find it beneficial / worth the money? I am looking at one that is $229. 

by on Jan. 13, 2017 at 4:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
deccaf
by Group Admin on Jan. 13, 2017 at 5:03 PM

I had a fitbit charge HR, which was the one I used most, until it stopped working about a year into it's life.  My Apple Watch was a bit of a waste.  Until a lot more people get them, their usefulness is very limited.  I wanted so badly to like it.

buffalove23
by on Jan. 13, 2017 at 5:06 PM
1 mom liked this
I have the Apple Watch and love it. I've had it for over a year now and use it for every thing. Texting on it is great now because you can write on it so you're not limited to just preselected phrases. I use the workout app too.
ljmom24
by Silver Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 5:22 PM
1 mom liked this
I have a garmin vivofit. I can see text, alerts from phone and incoming calls. Can't respond to anything but handy when the phone is tucked away. I can see if I need to respond right away or not. It's also tracks steps and sleeps.

Dh has an Apple watch and loves it. It's kind of big for me. Thought about getting the Apple 2 since it can get wet but think I'll hold off
Mommy2Jane
by Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 8:53 PM
That's why I want it because I want to not have my phone on me all the time, especially when I'm at home with my girls and I don't want to get distracted or tempted to go on Facebook or something like that. I just want to know if someone texts or calls me (because I don't have a home phone) I'm case it's important. And the watch that I want you can actually answer the phone and there's a speaker on it and you can also talk to someone. And you can answer texts by voice. I'm also curious to know are you from Buffalo New York? I just guessed by your screen name and that's where I'm from too.

Quoting buffalove23: I have the Apple Watch and love it. I've had it for over a year now and use it for every thing. Texting on it is great now because you can write on it so you're not limited to just preselected phrases. I use the workout app too.
buffalove23
by on Jan. 14, 2017 at 7:10 AM
You can call and text from the Apple Watch. My wife uses it for phone calls all the time.

And yep I'm from buffalo!

Quoting Mommy2Jane: That's why I want it because I want to not have my phone on me all the time, especially when I'm at home with my girls and I don't want to get distracted or tempted to go on Facebook or something like that. I just want to know if someone texts or calls me (because I don't have a home phone) I'm case it's important. And the watch that I want you can actually answer the phone and there's a speaker on it and you can also talk to someone. And you can answer texts by voice. I'm also curious to know are you from Buffalo New York? I just guessed by your screen name and that's where I'm from too.

Quoting buffalove23: I have the Apple Watch and love it. I've had it for over a year now and use it for every thing. Texting on it is great now because you can write on it so you're not limited to just preselected phrases. I use the workout app too.
3mom627
by Member on Jan. 14, 2017 at 8:56 PM
I also have the Gaeminent Vivofit. I'm allowed to have my phone at work, so no use for a smart watch.
Linda_Runs
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2017 at 7:54 AM

I just have three watches and they are not that smart at all.  I have thought about it though.

Marz31
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2017 at 2:28 PM

I got the Samsung GearFit2 with my note 7 ;) and I like it, but I don't normally wear a watch. I have a fitbit One that counts my steps and whatnot on me at all times, and I don't get a lot of texts, but I have to be within range of my phone (like 30 feet or something) to get those notifications anyway, there's no data plan attached to the watch, so it just gets blue-tooth communication. 

Pink.Sunshine
by Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 12:10 PM
No I don't need one. I have my smartphone
NRamsey
by on Jan. 26, 2017 at 12:19 PM
1 mom liked this

I have one and I didnt spend a fortune on it. I found one for only $30. Check it out.

https://www.alllifesjourney.com/collections/fitness-and-meditation/products/bluetooth-smart-band-bracelet

It seems to have just about all the functions the fitbits have but it is nowhere near the price.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)