Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you work the same days every week?.

Posted by on Jun. 23, 2017 at 11:12 PM
  • 43 Replies
Rarely, do I ever work for the same employer the same days of the week. My schedule varies quite a bit. It almost always has. Well, starting this fall, I may only be working at the hospital every other week-end, and from home or at the university 5 days a week. So I will always know where I will be on Every day, without a calendar. I have this dream that I can get in
an awesome routine, with more time for myself during the week.

Do you guys have a set repetitive schedule and a nice little routine to go with it?
by on Jun. 23, 2017 at 11:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
natb34
by New Member on Jun. 23, 2017 at 11:16 PM
Yes. Monday - Friday 8-5.
shadow_lark
by Member on Jun. 23, 2017 at 11:21 PM
No and I wish I did. It makes childcare a pain in the ass. Some weeks I'm paying for a day I don't need and asking family for a day I do need. But all in all, it's worth the hassle.
Marti123
by Platinum Member on Jun. 24, 2017 at 6:10 AM
Totoally, hasfor 10 years, so I totoally understand.

Quoting shadow_lark: No and I wish I did. It makes childcare a pain in the ass. Some weeks I'm paying for a day I don't need and asking family for a day I do need. But all in all, it's worth the hassle.
AnnieGoolaheey
by New Member on Jun. 24, 2017 at 6:15 AM

Mine's repetitive.. I work ever other weekend so I work; Mon, Tues, Wed, off  Thu , work Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon, off Tue, work Wed, Thur Fri.  Then I get a weekend.  I hate it but the job's worth it.  Since it's a hospital I am working in my boss's ear to get  on 10 or 12 hour shifts. That would give me more days off in a row. Most of my co worker's are on board as well.

edited*

Linda_Runs
by Bronze Member on Jun. 24, 2017 at 8:17 AM

Not at all, which is one of the reasons I love my job.  As a contractor and not an employee I have a diverse schedule.  That might change in the nearer future as the firm wants to actually hire me.

ljmom24
by Silver Member on Jun. 24, 2017 at 8:25 AM
Yes with a few exceptions. I'm required to work one Saturday a month and 1 night a week. The night is usually the same but some weeks we switch days
K3412
by on Jun. 24, 2017 at 8:33 AM
Yes, Monday through Friday 8-5.
calsmom62
by Gold Member on Jun. 24, 2017 at 8:40 AM
That will be easier for you , especially with young children-- I do work the same days each week but my weekends also get filled helping dh with his retail business, and his time off depends on his employees that week, so its never dependable.. A routine would be great if you can achieve it.
shadow_lark
by Member on Jun. 24, 2017 at 11:33 AM
If I went full time it would alleviate that, but I'm not ready to do that yet. Maybe in a couple of years

Quoting Marti123: Totoally, hasfor 10 years, so I totoally understand.

Quoting shadow_lark: No and I wish I did. It makes childcare a pain in the ass. Some weeks I'm paying for a day I don't need and asking family for a day I do need. But all in all, it's worth the hassle.
Pink.Sunshine
I hate all but two of my coworkers today. Seriously 😒
Yesterday at 12:13 PM
by Member on Jun. 24, 2017 at 8:33 PM

Yes I do but I'm going to start doing overtime. I'm saving to move this Summer and I could use all the extra I can get.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)