• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don't wanna go!

Posted by on Aug. 4, 2017 at 10:16 AM
  • 11 Replies
Flight to Washington state today. My sisters wedding. I fear the drama, will be away from hubby, steph, and just don't wanna go!
Someone save me!
by on Aug. 4, 2017 at 10:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Reese2010727
by Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 10:19 AM
Why will there be drama?

I'm dreading a wedding that we're going to out of town next weekend too.

Quoting deccaf: Flight to Washington state today. My sisters wedding. I fear the drama, will be away from hubby, steph, and just don't wanna go!
Someone save me!
deccaf
by Group Admin on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:36 PM

Because they are already mad at me for not bringing my daughter (too much travel time for one day of a wedding that won't even be fun for her), and because I'm not bringing her, I won't be the one hanging at the kid table, which I am sure they expected, because they always expect that.

Plus, with no downtime between arrival and sleep and wake up and wedding, I am not sure I will be going to my mom's after the reception.  I am going to be exhausted and my flight leaves early, so I need to sleep.  She is mad that I said I would say yes, but may end up changing my mind.

It seems I am too independent to suit her.  Plus, my older sister is really pretty bossy and we butt heads since she can't control me.

Quoting Reese2010727: Why will there be drama? I'm dreading a wedding that we're going to out of town next weekend too.
Quoting deccaf: Flight to Washington state today. My sisters wedding. I fear the drama, will be away from hubby, steph, and just don't wanna go! Someone save me!

M4LG5
by Valeri on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:41 PM

I'm currently going through drama with one of my older sisters.  My dad is not in a good position financially and does it to himself.  He has always put us in very difficult situations all of our lives because of his issues with money.  He tends to go to her.....because she gives in.  Instead of expressing her concerns about our dad or how she is feeling, she lashes out at everyone and calls us names and cusses at us then talks about how we are not helping her with him.  Yeah....like that's going to help. 

Quoting deccaf:

Because they are already mad at me for not bringing my daughter (too much travel time for one day of a wedding that won't even be fun for her), and because I'm not bringing her, I won't be the one hanging at the kid table, which I am sure they expected, because they always expect that.

Plus, with no downtime between arrival and sleep and wake up and wedding, I am not sure I will be going to my mom's after the reception.  I am going to be exhausted and my flight leaves early, so I need to sleep.  She is mad that I said I would say yes, but may end up changing my mind.

It seems I am too independent to suit her.  Plus, my older sister is really pretty bossy and we butt heads since she can't control me.

Quoting Reese2010727: Why will there be drama? I'm dreading a wedding that we're going to out of town next weekend too.
Quoting deccaf: Flight to Washington state today. My sisters wedding. I fear the drama, will be away from hubby, steph, and just don't wanna go! Someone save me!

Reese2010727
by Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:44 PM

You know what's best for your daughter!!

Ugh! Make sure you get some sleep!

Are you going only because it's your sister?

Quoting deccaf:

deccaf
by Group Admin on Aug. 4, 2017 at 2:56 PM

I do.  She starts school on Thursday, and last time she was on a plane with allergies (as she has now), she ended up with a ruptured ear drum.  I don't want her starting the year like that.

I will try to.  At least I won't have any dogs to wake me at 4:15.

I am only going because it's my sister.  I love my family, I just can't take them as a group.  Bring them on if they are one on one!

Quoting Reese2010727:

You know what's best for your daughter!!

Ugh! Make sure you get some sleep!

Are you going only because it's your sister?

Quoting deccaf:

Linda_Runs
by Bronze Member on Aug. 5, 2017 at 9:03 AM

Fly here then.  No drama.  Well, not too much - LOL!

calsmom62
by Gold Member on Aug. 5, 2017 at 1:07 PM
Hope all goes at least better than you are prepared for, and that your sister has a lovely wedding, and that you are back in your own bed by the weekend's conclusion
deccaf
by Group Admin on Aug. 5, 2017 at 11:50 PM
WHere is "here"?

Quoting Linda_Runs:

Fly here then.  No drama.  Well, not too much - LOL!

deccaf
by Group Admin on Aug. 5, 2017 at 11:51 PM
The wedding was beautiful. I avoided a lot of drama, but big sister is still a bully. But good lord it's hot and humid in Washington right now! Can't wait to be home tomorrow. I miss hubby and steph. And it seems that the dogs are waiting for me to come home, too.

Quoting calsmom62: Hope all goes at least better than you are prepared for, and that your sister has a lovely wedding, and that you are back in your own bed by the weekend's conclusion
calsmom62
by Gold Member on Aug. 6, 2017 at 12:18 AM
Glad it went all right.. Ive been hearing from friends back home about the weather and fires ... meanwhile here in the Boston area this year we have two days of rain for every decent summer day we get

Quoting deccaf: The wedding was beautiful. I avoided a lot of drama, but big sister is still a bully. But good lord it's hot and humid in Washington right now! Can't wait to be home tomorrow. I miss hubby and steph. And it seems that the dogs are waiting for me to come home, too.

Quoting calsmom62: Hope all goes at least better than you are prepared for, and that your sister has a lovely wedding, and that you are back in your own bed by the weekend's conclusion
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)