Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Update on my job situation

Posted by on Sep. 19, 2017 at 7:09 AM
  • 8 Replies
Last week was a rough one. They had another lay off. 1/3 of the work force total. Cut one department in my division in half, 6 total in my area of division and the only girl who wasn't eligible for the voluntary lay off package was let go. We have a package eligible girl leaving in two weeks which leaves us with 4 for a month. Another leaves end of October and then it's 3 of us and our boss until end of year and then we are done.

Lots of emotions last week. Some didn't take it so well. One girl keeps calling. The attorney I used to work was included but he asked. I knew this about a month ago but didn't say anything. He's very to the book and when the rumors started week before it was happening I could tell he was tying up his loss ends but he's wife has an awesome job and he's going to be a sahd and excited. I feel bad for girl in my department. Single mom 3 kids. It just stinks.

Yesterday was my 17 yr anniversary and now today I have 100 days until my last day
by on Sep. 19, 2017 at 7:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Marti123
by Platinum Member on Sep. 19, 2017 at 7:27 AM
I am sorry. It does so stressful.
Curlymom234
by Member on Sep. 19, 2017 at 7:32 AM
I'm sorry honey. Is the business going under? I missed your backstory.
ljmom24
by Silver Member on Sep. 19, 2017 at 8:10 AM
Long story short under obama what we did was eliminated. We lasted longer then predicted with our legacy stuff and the new business they attempted failed. We would have had a few more years in my area as we are what brings in the money but they used our earnings to fund dying business. Now they are going to become a foundation and they are outsourcing remaining legacy stuff to an out of state company that does what we did

Quoting Curlymom234: I'm sorry honey. Is the business going under? I missed your backstory.
adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Sep. 19, 2017 at 11:10 AM

Oh my goodness. The stress in that......Do you have plans for after your last day? Are you looking for a different job or planning to take some time off?

ljmom24
by Silver Member on Sep. 19, 2017 at 11:17 AM
I'm planning on time off. This school year start has been hard and my mom is showing signs of early Alzheimer's so going to take a few months before I really start looking to get home life in order. I'm getting paid through March 2019 so I got time

Quoting adamsmom0116:

Oh my goodness. The stress in that......Do you have plans for after your last day? Are you looking for a different job or planning to take some time off?

adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Sep. 19, 2017 at 11:20 AM

WOW! That's a heck of a separation package. I'm glad you'll get to take some time off. These last few months are no doubt going to be extra stressful, so you'll need time off!

I'm sorry to hear about your mom. My MIL had Alzheimer's. It's a difficult disease.

Quoting ljmom24: I'm planning on time off. This school year start has been hard and my mom is showing signs of early Alzheimer's so going to take a few months before I really start looking to get home life in order. I'm getting paid through March 2019 so I got time
Quoting adamsmom0116:

ljmom24
by Silver Member on Sep. 19, 2017 at 12:38 PM
Yup I really can't complain they are treating us well and covering part of cobra too. Thing is they made the package too good. They got a 95% acceptance rate

Quoting adamsmom0116:

WOW! That's a heck of a separation package. I'm glad you'll get to take some time off. These last few months are no doubt going to be extra stressful, so you'll need time off!

I'm sorry to hear about your mom. My MIL had Alzheimer's. It's a difficult disease.

Quoting ljmom24: I'm planning on time off. This school year start has been hard and my mom is showing signs of early Alzheimer's so going to take a few months before I really start looking to get home life in order. I'm getting paid through March 2019 so I got time

Quoting adamsmom0116:

M4LG5
by Valeri on Sep. 19, 2017 at 3:50 PM

I"m so sorry!  Must be very emotional!! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)