Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stressers?

Posted by on Oct. 15, 2017 at 10:56 PM
  • 22 Replies
What is the one main thing that causes you to stress and why? Maybe we can come together and give each other better advice on these things and handle t better.

I will go first: money/finances.
I know we are fine and have a budget we set and keep. I know that he knows every bill and has them all calculated for the month and pays them all before the due date. I know this. This is how it’s been since we have been together. The reason why I stress (even though I’m way better now about it than I used to be) is my ex. He always wanted for him. Hunting and fishing stuff or loaning to his family. ALWAYS. I have gotten so much better about my stresser. I have a lot more control and know any boundaries that need to be kept. We have a good safety net and that’s something we have worked very hard for. I’m getting better about not stressing over - DH helps me to be more comfortable about it too.
by on Oct. 15, 2017 at 10:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MixedCooke
by Bronze Member on Oct. 16, 2017 at 7:58 AM
Homeownership-having a rodent issue, then need to disinfect the attic, replace all the insulation, seal all entry points, put new ductwork, we also need to repair the roof, repair or replace the gutters that were knocked down from the hurricane. Pool is leaking. Still have some electrical work to be done, some ceiling repairs...EVERY single repair involving a home is several hundreds of dollars!!
Linda_Runs
by Bronze Member on Oct. 16, 2017 at 8:40 AM
1 mom liked this

Thankfully I don't have financial stress.  But I do have stress from work, stress from my husband going away often and usually, behaviour wise, sometimes one of the kids can push a few button.

I deal with work stress by getting the case file that is stressing me done as fast as possible.  There is nothing I can do about my husband going away, specially if it is to a part of the world in conflict.  As for my kids, I just let many things go, breath, take walks and keep loving them until either their attitude changes or I change if for them.

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Oct. 16, 2017 at 4:21 PM
My largest stressors right now:

My special needs 8 year old is basically is illiterate despite extensive support.

My little dog that I absolutely LOVE, is biting at the younger children.

Graduate school and time management! There are just not enough days in the week or hours in a day.

I find that no matter the stressor, if one just stops and lives in the immediate moment, focusing on the present, things go on, life gets better or sometimes worse, but no matter what it changes and everything will be as it will be no matter my stress.

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Oct. 16, 2017 at 4:22 PM
Budgets are good for financial stress, so is support from friends or family.

Quoting natb34: What is the one main thing that causes you to stress and why? Maybe we can come together and give each other better advice on these things and handle t better.

I know we are fine and have a budget we set and keep. I know that he knows every bill and has them all calculated for the month and pays them all before the due date. I know this. This is how it’s been since we have been together. The reason why I stress (even though I’m way better now about it than I used to be) is my ex. He always wanted for him. Hunting and fishing stuff or loaning to his family. ALWAYS. I have gotten so much better about my stresser. I have a lot more control and know any boundaries that need to be kept. We have a good safety net and that’s something we have worked very hard for. I’m getting better about not stressing over - DH helps me to be more comfortable about it too.
ljmom24
by Silver Member on Oct. 16, 2017 at 4:39 PM
I live in front of a cemetery, I’ve come to expect the mice (house is 100 years old it would be s full time job filling the cracks, you get one 2 more appear) we have gotten pretty good at trapping and killing

Quoting MixedCooke: Homeownership-having a rodent issue, then need to disinfect the attic, replace all the insulation, seal all entry points, put new ductwork, we also need to repair the roof, repair or replace the gutters that were knocked down from the hurricane. Pool is leaking. Still have some electrical work to be done, some ceiling repairs...EVERY single repair involving a home is several hundreds of dollars!!
ljmom24
by Silver Member on Oct. 16, 2017 at 4:42 PM
Biggest stressors right now are my pending unemployement and my 9 yr old is really struggling with school and we have been trying to get him tested
natb34
by Member on Oct. 16, 2017 at 11:00 PM
I agree. I create my own stress. It’s my own insecurities. I’m getting better. Old habits die hard I guess. 😐

Quoting Marti123: Budgets are good for financial stress, so is support from friends or family.

Quoting natb34: What is the one main thing that causes you to stress and why? Maybe we can come together and give each other better advice on these things and handle t better.

natb34
by Member on Oct. 16, 2017 at 11:03 PM
I also stress about DD - her hormones and adhd are exhausting. The past couple months have been horrible and seem to only be getting worse.
Linda_Runs
by Bronze Member on Oct. 17, 2017 at 9:18 AM

My DD10 is a good source of my stress right now.

Quoting natb34: I also stress about DD - her hormones and adhd are exhausting. The past couple months have been horrible and seem to only be getting worse.

SHIRLZ7
by on Oct. 17, 2017 at 3:11 PM

I think it's awesome that you are overcoming your ‘stresser' and that you are improving.

So I HAD two ‘stressers' in my life that God has set me free from.

1)      Finances -  even though we have more than enough, we moved country and didn't know what the future held so we were holding on to every penny with both hands worrying about every cent we spent because we didn't know what tomorrow held. We still don't know what tomorrow holds but have put our trust in the Lord that He will take care of it, that He will give us the wisdom on where and how to manage our money - this has certainly set me free from financial fear.

2)      Fear of my children getting harmed - I have two small kids, I had a season of being tormented with thoughts of something happening to my children that it would wake me up at night. Even though I will always be concerned for my children and have those worrying parent moments, I knew that the fear I was having was consuming me and I realized it was an attack from the enemy so I prayed against it and the Lord showed me Psalm 91 which I read often over my family and my home.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)