Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

uggg I can only do so much for you! Vent

Posted by on Oct. 17, 2017 at 11:48 AM
  • 4 Replies

I need to vent!! So bad LOL Feel free not to read as It really has no point but to get it out.

So I have a girl at work that came in and during her shift received a call that her dd might have head lice. But apparently the nurse at school isn't sure it could be dirt or dandruff. But either way her dd was digging at her head.

so she wanted to leave so she could take care of it. But can't find anyone to cover the last 6 hours of her shift.

Then on top of it she is telling me that she doesn't have the money to get the shampoo I'm telling her about because she says she never had it before and doesn't know what they look like or how to deal with it. So I'm telling her what she needs to know. And apparently she can't just let her dh check because she "doesn't trust him"

I just worked nearly 9 hours already and offered to cover 3 hours so she could go get the shampoo. Take it home and tell her dh how to use it and come back to work.

THIS apparently is not good enough. She wanted me to stay the whole 6 hours that she was suppose to work so she could go home and deal with it.

Ummm No. I will not work 15 hours because your kid MIGHT have lice. 

So now I'm the evil bitch that will not help her out.

Why in the world can't people just work with the help they are offered? Why does it always have to be HELP ME HELP ME!!!!!!  NO DID IT MY WAY OR YOU ARE A BAD PERSON!!!!

I have my own life and stuff that I need to get done as well! I was willing to put off most of my night cancel things that I needed to get done just to help her and it was not good enough!

Then she decided to get an attitude that I can just go home then because there would be "no point" in her doing what I was willing to stay and let her do because it was not enough time.

Keep in mind she works in a little town, lives in one 20 minutes from work. With three hours she would have had enough time to check the kids, done most of the shampooing and might had time to wash it out and check most of the kids heads before she had to come back. (3 kids, 2 boys 1 girl).

But no she was stomping around having a fit. Threw a knife that bounced and almost hit another employee and saying she was going to quite because of it. 

Finally I had enough and said "You know what lady, I can only help you so much if you are not willing to take the help I'm offering then that is your issue not ours. Deal with it because I'm not working15 hours today just so you can CHECK if your kid has lice or not. You want to quit that's on you do what you feel you need to do but remember this if you leave with out a replacement that is a voluntary termination and that is again on you and no one else but you." " And since it's not good enough that I'm willing to stay 3 hours more for you to do what you can then I will be going home and you will have to figure it out on your own because I am not helping you with this any more."

Turned clock out (my shift was over 15 minutes before) and left.

by on Oct. 17, 2017 at 11:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
virginiamama71
by Bronze Member on Oct. 17, 2017 at 8:16 PM

Are you the Manager?

MrsSimpf
by on Oct. 19, 2017 at 10:19 AM

I am of course curious about your colleague's decision. I must say that you showed kindness in trying to help the best you could and that it appears she was ungrateful for any help offered. By saying what you did, you set a boundary to remind her to be accountable as well. What I'd suggest is if she didn't quit, continue to exhibit kindness toward her because it's just important to do so (even the Bible tells us to do that!). Best of luck and prayers as you move forward with this co-worker. 

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Oct. 20, 2017 at 4:11 PM

I would simply feel sorry for her. I mean obviously, she is lacking life skills and trying to raise a family. Not your responsibility to raise her!!

aCafemomma
by Member on Oct. 20, 2017 at 5:02 PM

Both her and I are in management but not the manager of the store. The manager herself worked 15 hours that day already and went home just before she came in.

Quoting virginiamama71:

Are you the Manager?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)