Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you ever worked two jobs or had interest in getting a second job?

Posted by on Oct. 24, 2017 at 5:55 AM
  • 21 Replies

??

by on Oct. 24, 2017 at 5:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ljmom24
by Silver Member on Oct. 24, 2017 at 6:45 AM
When I was younger and didn’t have kids. Dh worked weekends so took some weekend hours where i worked through college. Once I had kids too much time away as it is plus cost of child care defeated the purpose of a second job. Dh did for awhile but then figured he could make more doing overtime and picking up the pager (no one likes being on call so someone is always trying to get rid of it)
Reese2010727
by Member on Oct. 24, 2017 at 7:58 AM
I've worked 3
virginiamama71
by Bronze Member on Oct. 24, 2017 at 8:31 AM
Yes but only for a short time. Working 7 days a week was too much for me
Lifeisajoy9
by New Member on Oct. 24, 2017 at 9:32 PM
Yes. Many times throughout my career. Usually though it would be one full time and then side jobs. For ex I was a social worker for years. So I did my full time job and then cleaned houses a few times a.month and also watched babies a few times a month. That is an ex.

I switched my gears of social work of many years to now nannying, cleaning homes and caring for elderly. None are full time by themself. All I travel. I was a social worker for years so used to the traveling. But when you add it all up it is full time or more a week (depends on the week). I like it this way.
ThePoopFace
by New Member on Oct. 25, 2017 at 2:55 PM

When I was 18 I had 3 jobs at one point. I kinda have 2 jobs now. I have 2 kids who get dropped off at my house early and I get them on the buss with my kids, and I have my full time job and work like 10 hours of OT a week. Im starting a home daycare in the spring, so im just going to do that full time after. 

SRUsarahSC
by on Oct. 25, 2017 at 2:57 PM
Before kids and when my spouse was gone on military orders I would waitress one or two nights a week. It was relatively easy cash.
Marti123
by Platinum Member on Oct. 25, 2017 at 5:58 PM
1 mom liked this

I have had 2 or even 3 jobs for most of my life. I think I may be a work-a-holic, lol.

M4LG5
by Valeri on Oct. 25, 2017 at 6:19 PM

When I was younger I did but once I got into a full-time career, it wasn't so much about a 2nd job but I volunteered to coach and help with their school in addition to my job, which has taken up significant time.

I am in the process to becoming StrengthsFinder Coach certified and Positive Coaching Alliance certification to be a trainer so that I can work with organizations and individuals on the side.  Momma needs a little more money.

K3412
by on Oct. 25, 2017 at 6:22 PM
When I was a teen, I worked three during the summer. A full time and two part time. When we were first married, before kids, DH and I both worked two jobs, full time and part time.
shadow_lark
by Member on Oct. 26, 2017 at 2:39 AM
No. I'm spoiled, I guess. I've never even worked full time. Didn't realize how unusual that was until I went back to work a few years ago and the first thing people asked me was if that was my only job.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)