Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

e-reading

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2017 at 12:16 PM
  • 6 Replies

Does anyone have a tablet of some sort that works with both the kindle app AND the nook app? I want to have one device that will handle both.

I know companies like Samsung have tablets and I assume they work for both kindle AND nook - but before I buy one, I'd like to actually hear from someone who is successfully doing it.

by on Nov. 9, 2017 at 12:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
M4LG5
by Valeri on Nov. 9, 2017 at 12:20 PM

I have a Samsung tablet and I just download the nook app.  I have an old Nook still that I use but I have also used my samsung tablet and it's fine.  I don't have kindle but I can't see why it woudn't work either.

Depending on how you are going to use your tablet, I would consider a refurbished one.  They are great.

adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Nov. 9, 2017 at 12:26 PM

I pretty much just want to use it for reading. I have a nook, but it won't let me download the kindle app on it.

Quoting M4LG5:

I have a Samsung tablet and I just download the nook app.  I have an old Nook still that I use but I have also used my samsung tablet and it's fine.  I don't have kindle but I can't see why it woudn't work either.

Depending on how you are going to use your tablet, I would consider a refurbished one.  They are great.

deccaf
by Group Admin on Nov. 9, 2017 at 12:30 PM

I know my iPhone handles both, so maybe an iPad?

M4LG5
by Valeri on Nov. 9, 2017 at 12:35 PM

Pretty much any tablet will do.  But if you are just using it for reading, I would look into a refurbished one.

Quoting adamsmom0116:

I pretty much just want to use it for reading. I have a nook, but it won't let me download the kindle app on it.

Quoting M4LG5:

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Nov. 10, 2017 at 9:04 PM

I use the Ipad for both apps. However anymore, I only read on the Kindle app, the Apple Bookstore and then other third party textbook apps. I haven't opened the Nook app for like a year.

*eta and DH and one DS like Kindles. So we have FIVE of those, *shakes head* don't even ask. It also runs the nook app. They will have a lot of deals around Xmas and much cheaper than paying for the "apple".

RhiannonMare
by Member on Nov. 27, 2017 at 8:28 AM
My Samsung tablet supports both the Kindle and the Nook app. However, I personally choose to only have the Nook app.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)