Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you choose to work during the holidays or are your businesses closed?

Posted by   + Show Post
??
by on Nov. 19, 2017 at 10:41 AM
Replies (21-29):
midjet117
by Member on Nov. 24, 2017 at 11:07 AM

The last couple jobs within the last 10 yrs I worked were in the nursing profession(nurses aides and other customer service jobs). So I never had a choice as to whether or not I could take off, If it was x day I needed to be at work no matter what. This year I got in with my local elementairy school as an aide, so it's closed during vacation and I love it. 

codfish
by Member on Nov. 24, 2017 at 11:18 AM
I am required to work Thanksgiving Eve, New Years Eve, and Christmas Eve.
WILDCATGAL78
by Bronze Member on Nov. 28, 2017 at 1:45 PM

Our offices are open Monday/Tuesday before Thanksgiving and we're open during Christmas break. I usually take off the whole week during Thanksgiving and work 1/2 days during Christmas break. Depending on the day Christmas falls on, we are usually closed 2-3 days prior and/or after.

teal.blaze
by on Nov. 28, 2017 at 1:49 PM
I usually work. Hotels don’t close for the holidays.
Lifeisajoy9
by New Member on Nov. 28, 2017 at 2:37 PM
No work
lizard3731
by Member on Nov. 29, 2017 at 5:07 PM
I have two part-time jobs. Both are closed for major holidays. However, my husband works at a hospital, so he has to work some holidays.
thebadkitty
by Member on Nov. 29, 2017 at 8:51 PM

Well we typically work Christmas Eve and our boss usually let us all go home early on Eve. It is not considered a national holiday so we usually work that day. All national holidays our office is closed we get paid holidays.

AJandJDsMom
by New Member on Dec. 1, 2017 at 12:56 PM

We get all major holiday's paid off.  I don't think I could ever work a job that doesn't have it off.  I worker retail for a little while when I was about 19, then I started working at the college while I was taking classes.  Haven't worked a holiday since.

Medic729
by Member on Dec. 2, 2017 at 2:40 PM

The ED never closes...I know I'll be working Christmas because I'm the new kid and haven't earned the right to have holidays off LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)