Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Not looking forward to it....

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2017 at 6:27 PM
  • 6 Replies
I go back to work in two weeks after my maternity leave. I work a job where in addition to a forty hour work week I am on call one night a week and one weekend every 4-6 weeks.....just not looking forward to it.
Then starting in January I will be trying to work full time and finishing nursing school. I just hope I can keep up with everything and take good care of my DS too....
by on Nov. 26, 2017 at 6:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Marti123
by Platinum Member on Nov. 27, 2017 at 2:05 PM
Wow, that is a lot!

It was very difficult for me to go back to work after maternity leave. It was really tough, but good for my career. Are you just finishing up your BSN?
surprisemom32
by New Member on Nov. 27, 2017 at 3:50 PM
No I am getting my ADN right now, my DS was a surprise that we didn't know we could have. Going to work on BSN later, going to do that online.
M4LG5
by Valeri on Nov. 27, 2017 at 5:03 PM

Be the best time manager you can be and call out all of your supporters whenever you can!

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Nov. 28, 2017 at 12:22 AM

I think it will pretty tough to work 40+ hours a week with a new baby and finish up clinicals for your ADN. Is that the only option you have?

Quoting surprisemom32: No I am getting my ADN right now, my DS was a surprise that we didn't know we could have. Going to work on BSN later, going to do that online.

surprisemom32
by New Member on Nov. 28, 2017 at 9:25 AM
I won't be working all forty hours, my boss is working with me to get enough hours to keep my insurance. My DS was a pleasant surprise that my DH and I never thought was possible and I was in my second semester of nursing school when we found out that we were expecting. He told me that quitting was not an option with school. With his help and both of our families I think we can do this.

Quoting Marti123:

I think it will pretty tough to work 40+ hours a week with a new baby and finish up clinicals for your ADN. Is that the only option you have?

Quoting surprisemom32: No I am getting my ADN right now, my DS was a surprise that we didn't know we could have. Going to work on BSN later, going to do that online.

AzariahsMother
by Member on Nov. 28, 2017 at 11:08 AM

good luck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)