Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Near accident on my route today

Posted by on Nov. 27, 2017 at 1:42 PM
  • 4 Replies

I was driving my bus on my route and was going about 45 mph the speed limit is 50 in the area this happened but I was traveling along a busy street here in Tulsa and in the right lane, there was a car about 2-3 car lengths ahead of me and this truck from the left lane cut right in front of me to where I had to hit the brakes. It was a pretty close call too. I've been driving for the city bus system for 8 months now and use to drive school buses before that so I have a lot of experience driving but have never been in an accident knock on wood.

by on Nov. 27, 2017 at 1:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Marti123
by Platinum Member on Nov. 27, 2017 at 2:06 PM
1 mom liked this
I am glad you could stop in time. What a jerk to cut off a bus!
ghettomama89
by Amber on Nov. 27, 2017 at 3:14 PM

I know it. Doesn't anyone stop and think that I'm driving a 40 foot bus loaded with passengers? I had about 25 passengers on the bus when this happened.

Quoting Marti123: I am glad you could stop in time. What a jerk to cut off a bus!

shadow_lark
by Member on Nov. 28, 2017 at 1:22 AM
This happens to dh every day. I never noticed how crappy 4 wheelers were until I rode with him in the semi. I'm glad you were able to stop in time.
EarlGrayHot
by on Dec. 12, 2017 at 9:43 AM

Yikes!  People are idots who do that-large vehicles cannot stop on a dime but good for you and I'm glad you are ok.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)