Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think I'm getting burnt out

Posted by on Nov. 27, 2017 at 5:05 PM
  • 14 Replies

I really love my job...I love the difference I make but I'm so so so tired of the "other stuff" that doesn't relate to my program.  I've been trying to streamline my work and analyze what I can do, what I need to take away but don't even have time to do that.

Part of me wants to just go do something else but not sure what anymore.  At the same time, I don't have the luxury to do that....i'm a single mom and need the health insurance and other flexibilities.

by on Nov. 27, 2017 at 5:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MixedCooke
by Bronze Member on Nov. 27, 2017 at 6:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Rowing next to you. Actually took this week off because they are working in my attic and since I work nights, sleeping isn’t happening.
Marti123
by Platinum Member on Nov. 28, 2017 at 12:21 AM

It's always tough!! I hope you can rejuvenate soon.

Linda_Runs
by Bronze Member on Nov. 28, 2017 at 7:45 AM

I totally hear you!

In my own job, it's the bullshit that wears me out, not the actually hard job itself.  On the home front, hubby has been away for a month and is going to be away most of the winter.

All that combined is a combination for burn out.  I know how you feel sometimes and am sorry you are getting there.

AzariahsMother
by Member on Nov. 28, 2017 at 11:17 AM

I'm right along with you on this.

Totally BURNT! right now I can't even tell you.  Last Monday I had a I am going to walk out moment.  Shut down the computer and went for a walk.  Came back in and had to do a deep cry.  Helped me get through the week, but right back feeling the same way.

Also thought about something new, but giving up the benefits I have her I don't think another company could compare.   

M4LG5
by Valeri on Nov. 28, 2017 at 4:26 PM

Thanks. 

Quoting Marti123:

It's always tough!! I hope you can rejuvenate soon.

M4LG5
by Valeri on Nov. 28, 2017 at 4:28 PM

Students typically don't come around during Finals Week and I will also have the week after and then it will be Christmas break. I'm hping to use that time to see if I can simplify things.

What kind of job does your husband do?  Is he military?  That must be hard.

Quoting Linda_Runs:

I totally hear you!

In my own job, it's the bullshit that wears me out, not the actually hard job itself.  On the home front, hubby has been away for a month and is going to be away most of the winter.

All that combined is a combination for burn out.  I know how you feel sometimes and am sorry you are getting there.

M4LG5
by Valeri on Nov. 28, 2017 at 4:30 PM

I've had moments where I shut my door and just lay down on the couch in my office.  It's like there is just too much to do and avoiding it seems better (in the moment).

when I hear how much people pay for their insurance and then I say that I pay about $100 a month.....I know there are not many places that I can get the same benefits for sure.

Quoting AzariahsMother:

Totally BURNT! right now I can't even tell you.  Last Monday I had a I am going to walk out moment.  Shut down the computer and went for a walk.  Came back in and had to do a deep cry.  Helped me get through the week, but right back feeling the same way.

Also thought about something new, but giving up the benefits I have her I don't think another company could compare.   

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Nov. 28, 2017 at 4:35 PM
I know, my schedule is so flexible, and quitting means losing that, so I totally get the stress of being trapped.

Quoting M4LG5:

I've had moments where I shut my door and just lay down on the couch in my office.  It's like there is just too much to do and avoiding it seems better (in the moment).

when I hear how much people pay for their insurance and then I say that I pay about $100 a month.....I know there are not many places that I can get the same benefits for sure.

Quoting AzariahsMother:

Linda_Runs
by Bronze Member on Nov. 29, 2017 at 7:45 AM

He is and has been in the Army for 24 plus years.  We have been through many tours.

Quoting M4LG5:

Students typically don't come around during Finals Week and I will also have the week after and then it will be Christmas break. I'm hping to use that time to see if I can simplify things.

Quoting Linda_Runs:

I totally hear you!

M4LG5
by Valeri on Nov. 29, 2017 at 9:11 AM
Is retirement in sight?

Quoting Linda_Runs:

He is and has been in the Army for 24 plus years.  We have been through many tours.

Quoting M4LG5:

Quoting Linda_Runs:

I totally hear you!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)