Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think I'm getting burnt out

Posted by   + Show Post

I really love my job...I love the difference I make but I'm so so so tired of the "other stuff" that doesn't relate to my program.  I've been trying to streamline my work and analyze what I can do, what I need to take away but don't even have time to do that.

Part of me wants to just go do something else but not sure what anymore.  At the same time, I don't have the luxury to do that....i'm a single mom and need the health insurance and other flexibilities.

by on Nov. 27, 2017 at 5:05 PM
Replies (11-14):
Linda_Runs
by Bronze Member on Nov. 29, 2017 at 9:12 AM

Not yet.  He will probably serve to age 50 which will give him about 30 years in.  That is a pretty decent pension at what his rank will likely be.

Quoting M4LG5: Is retirement in sight?
Quoting Linda_Runs:

He is and has been in the Army for 24 plus years.  We have been through many tours.

Quoting M4LG5:

Students typically don't come around during Finals Week and I will also have the week after and then it will be Christmas break. I'm hping to use that time to see if I can simplify things.

What kind of job does your husband do?  Is he military?  That must be hard.

Quoting Linda_Runs:

I totally hear you!

In my own job, it's the bullshit that wears me out, not the actually hard job itself.  On the home front, hubby has been away for a month and is going to be away most of the winter.

All that combined is a combination for burn out.  I know how you feel sometimes and am sorry you are getting there.

thebadkitty
by Member on Nov. 29, 2017 at 8:53 PM

I walked off my shift one day because my boss was seriously pushing it.

M4LG5
by Valeri on Nov. 29, 2017 at 8:57 PM
There are times I want to do that for sure

Quoting thebadkitty:

thebadkitty
by Member on Nov. 29, 2017 at 9:01 PM

Honestly, I didn't even care if they fired me. I was debating whether to quit first before I got fired LOL

I know it was not a good thing to do but my boss was really being rude and had been rude for some time now. I did tell the director what I did and why. Since then my boss has been better. She has her moments though. 

The downfall is I hate my job. So I need to start looking for a new one.

Quoting M4LG5: There are times I want to do that for sure
Quoting thebadkitty:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)