Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I find my self being bitterly jealous...

Posted by on Nov. 29, 2017 at 8:56 PM
  • 8 Replies

I have a few friends that have great co-workers/bosses where they do awesome things for them, decorate their offices for birthdays and what not.

I work with a bunch of workaholics that think everyone should just work 24/7. My work is freaking boring.

by on Nov. 29, 2017 at 8:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Marti123
by Platinum Member on Nov. 29, 2017 at 11:11 PM
1 mom liked this
I am perfectly OK with no celebrations. The closer co-workers are, the more drama that can occurs& feelings out of sorts!

The grass just looks greener, kitty.
calsmom62
by Gold Member on Nov. 30, 2017 at 5:50 AM
This. And working in HR we see a lot of that drama after it has festered for awhile.

Quoting Marti123: I am perfectly OK with no celebrations. The closer co-workers are, the more drama that can occurs& feelings out of sorts!

The grass just looks greener, kitty.
thebadkitty
by Member on Nov. 30, 2017 at 8:59 AM

Really? I dunno this one friend of mine her boss adores her and she loves her job. I have always worked independently (for myself) so.....

Quoting Marti123: I am perfectly OK with no celebrations. The closer co-workers are, the more drama that can occurs& feelings out of sorts! The grass just looks greener, kitty.

Linda_Runs
by Bronze Member on Nov. 30, 2017 at 9:52 AM

Same with me.  I like to keep my office "sterile" for lack of a better word.

Quoting Marti123: I am perfectly OK with no celebrations. The closer co-workers are, the more drama that can occurs& feelings out of sorts! The grass just looks greener, kitty.

adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Nov. 30, 2017 at 12:27 PM

Yes. She's right, kitty. And so is calsmom with her HR perspective.

It's always greener, for sure.....Re-focusing on the positives is difficult but it does help. :)

Quoting thebadkitty:

Really? I dunno this one friend of mine her boss adores her and she loves her job. I have always worked independently (for myself) so.....

thebadkitty
by Member on Nov. 30, 2017 at 5:25 PM

ugh I hate my job

Quoting adamsmom0116:

Yes. She's right, kitty. And so is calsmom with her HR perspective.

It's always greener, for sure.....Re-focusing on the positives is difficult but it does help. :)

Quoting thebadkitty:

ljmom24
by Silver Member on Nov. 30, 2017 at 6:23 PM
We have had issues where you do for some in a department but not all and it causes bad feelings. We have done various things through the years. Used to have someone who made cakes then she got tired so we just stopped. Then on our own we would get cakes for friends which from casually observes looked like you were doing for 1 but not another when really managers had nothing to do with it and one person bought for another they were social with and then that person reciprocates for the one that got them a cake.

There are selfish cheap people in every group so if you aren’t going to shell out money or bake s cake no one is going to do it for you which always causes bad feelings so then for awhile the supervisor and then later manager was buying the cake. Then we moved to closer quarters and because other teams didn’t do that we were told no more celebrations.

Now we try to keep it on down low. We are kind of caked out. A few too many “retirement/leaving” cakes so if anything we get some cupcakes.
shadow_lark
by Member on Dec. 2, 2017 at 5:43 PM
I'm sorry, that does sound like a drag. I have a pretty fun work environment, but I think the size of the branch has a lot to do with it. There are 6 of us at full staff. Some fun is needed if you're gonna spend 40 hours per week with someone.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)