Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

the thing I hate to buy

Posted by on Nov. 30, 2017 at 12:29 PM
  • 25 Replies

I'm making a grocery list and I had to put trash bags on it. I just HATE buying trash bags. They're super expensive and they literally hold junk you don't want. Seems like a giant waste of money to me. UGH.

What's the thing you hate to buy?

by on Nov. 30, 2017 at 12:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
K3412
by on Nov. 30, 2017 at 12:33 PM
We don’t buy trash bags.

I hate buying razors. They are so expensive.
stepperbepper
by Member on Nov. 30, 2017 at 12:35 PM
Clothes for myself
M4LG5
by Valeri on Nov. 30, 2017 at 12:41 PM

I hate buying clothes for myself.  I really do.  I hate the size (12/14) that I am and, because of my size, the clothes I have to buy are not flattering at all.

adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Nov. 30, 2017 at 12:41 PM

Yes, razors are expensive too

Can I ask what you line your trash bins with if not bags? I might want to copy you :)

Quoting K3412: We don’t buy trash bags. I hate buying razors. They are so expensive.

K3412
by on Nov. 30, 2017 at 12:46 PM
We try to live as low waste as possible. We recycle a lot, use reusable items, and compost other things. For stuff we absolutely have to throw away, we take a barrel out to the landfill every other week or so. Any immediate needs we put in a plastic grocery sack and throw away immediately.

Quoting adamsmom0116:

Yes, razors are expensive too

Can I ask what you line your trash bins with if not bags? I might want to copy you :)

Quoting K3412: We don’t buy trash bags.

I hate buying razors. They are so expensive.

M4LG5
by Valeri on Nov. 30, 2017 at 12:53 PM

Another thing I don't like buying......pads for my daughter.  It's not that I am embarrassed but she never tells me ahead of time that she may need pads soon.....so that maybe I can buy some when I am at the store the next time I go.  She tells me when she has 1 left.  Really?? 

I have an IUD so I don't wear anything so I can't let her use any of mine becuase I don't have any.  So, I basically have to drop everything and go to the store. I've told her to tell me ahead of time so that I know....but, you know teenagers.....they don't think ahead.

ljmom24
by Silver Member on Nov. 30, 2017 at 2:56 PM
I can one up you on trash bags, not only do I have to buy those standard bags but we have to put our trash in special city bags that are $2 each. But they are crap. They rip easy so we don’t use them until trash day so I need to buy the regular ones too and then on trash day load them into my city bag.

Other thing I had buying is bras. I’m a 42DD nothing fancy or exciting in that size or affordable if you want good support.
M4LG5
by Valeri on Nov. 30, 2017 at 2:59 PM

YES!!!!  There is nothing pretty about anything in those sizes and the ones that are cute are expensive

Quoting ljmom24: I can one up you on trash bags, not only do I have to buy those standard bags but we have to put our trash in special city bags that are $2 each. But they are crap. They rip easy so we don’t use them until trash day so I need to buy the regular ones too and then on trash day load them into my city bag. Other thing I had buying is bras. I’m a 42DD nothing fancy or exciting in that size or affordable if you want good support.

adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Nov. 30, 2017 at 3:14 PM

Oh good grief! That city trash bag thing would drive me bananas!

And I hear you on the bras. I'm 32D, which you cannot find in most stores - especially in my rural area. Victorias Secret and those types of stores sell them, but the closest one is 80 miles away

Quoting ljmom24: I can one up you on trash bags, not only do I have to buy those standard bags but we have to put our trash in special city bags that are $2 each. But they are crap. They rip easy so we don’t use them until trash day so I need to buy the regular ones too and then on trash day load them into my city bag. Other thing I had buying is bras. I’m a 42DD nothing fancy or exciting in that size or affordable if you want good support.

adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Nov. 30, 2017 at 3:16 PM

DH and I got to the point with SD that we finally told her, nope sorry. We already went to the store. We'll get you some next time we're there but if you need them before then, you'll have to go get them yourself. Here's the money.

I hate making special trips to the store because someone else didn't tell me something!

Quoting M4LG5:

Another thing I don't like buying......pads for my daughter.  It's not that I am embarrassed but she never tells me ahead of time that she may need pads soon.....so that maybe I can buy some when I am at the store the next time I go.  She tells me when she has 1 left.  Really?? 

I have an IUD so I don't wear anything so I can't let her use any of mine becuase I don't have any.  So, I basically have to drop everything and go to the store. I've told her to tell me ahead of time so that I know....but, you know teenagers.....they don't think ahead.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)