Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My boss just pull a B#### move

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2017 at 4:39 PM
  • 7 Replies

So Friday I was talking to my boss and she mentioned that she was working on the schedule. I asked how far she was going with it. She does two weeks at a time and sometimes she will do 4 weeks. She told me that she was going to do it thur the 24. But she was going to start the next one on Monday. I said great and let her know that I was going to be putting in for some time off after the 24th because of school being out and with childcare and all.

She was all for it, said it was a really good idea bla bla bla.

So I put in for my time off over the weekend like I told her I was going to do.

Today I go in and she asked me why I put in for time off after the schedule was made?

UMMMM what?

I remind her that I talked to her about this before she made the schedule and she told me that she had not planed to start it until Monday. I even called before I put in for it to make sure that it wasn't up early. and they said it was not.

Turns out just after I left she decided to make the next one that day instead on Monday and she slipped it in right behind the other one in the same slot (each one is suppose to be in it's own slot) So when I called they would not know to look for it. She says no big deal just ask for time off on the next one.

The whole f-ing point was to be able to spend time with the kids during break. NOT when they would be back in school and gone for more than 1/2 the day.

She claims I'm one of her best friends and best workers yet I can't even right now.

by on Dec. 4, 2017 at 4:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
thebadkitty
by Member on Dec. 4, 2017 at 5:47 PM

I am grateful I don't have these issues. You should ask her if there is something that can be done. I guess that is all you can do. Ask why she left out your request.

M4LG5
by Valeri on Dec. 4, 2017 at 7:26 PM

ah man!!  That would frustrate me.

I hate the idea of working on the weekends.  There are times that i have to but most of my work schedule is standard: Monday - Friday, 8 - 4:30pm.  We were just talking about the hiring process for our student staff and she thought it would be a great idea to do interviews on 2 Saturdays back to back.  I looked around the room with my colleagues and their expression was probably the same as mine (frustration).  I spoke out and said "I'm sorry but my weekends are so full and packed with kid activities that I cannot do weekends like this."  I gave her alternative solutions.....which was to hold 2 whole days during the week (we do not schedule ANY meetings or appointments) and she was up for that. 

virginiamama71
by Bronze Member on Dec. 4, 2017 at 8:35 PM
Next time email her about it and make sure you have a reply that she approved the time off.
M4LG5
by Valeri on Dec. 5, 2017 at 11:54 AM

Good suggestion!!

Quoting virginiamama71: Next time email her about it and make sure you have a reply that she approved the time off.

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2017 at 1:15 PM
That is really obnoxious. I had that happen like one time. I then submitted all my time off annually, lol. I sat down with my kid’s calendar and submitted for everyday out of school, lol.
Sydel
by Bronze Member on Dec. 15, 2017 at 1:03 PM

That would suck. Is she able to redo it or no?

Medic729
by Member on Dec. 15, 2017 at 6:19 PM

that's horrible of her to do that. I am so sorry. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)