Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My marriage will survive...maybe?

Posted by   + Show Post
I have moaned before, of all the stresses on my marriage, raising my DS whose some might call SN is at the top of the list.

Every time I talk to him about DS, and my anger and irritability level start risng. I appreciate his optimism, but damn, all he can say, “ehhh, he’s going to be fine.” Really, like what are you DH? the GD sorting hat from Harry Potter? Because you lost your future telling capabilities when you said the same damn thing, when he started kindergarten, and here we are, failing second grade with a one on two para!

Are you guys living it up in marital bliss?!? I am so done today!
by on Dec. 13, 2017 at 8:36 PM
Replies (11-14):
Anij3443
by on Dec. 16, 2017 at 1:57 PM

I have several special needs kiddos that came to us via adoption and it is definitely a whole different world. As much as I love my babies and all I really do know how difficult it is to parent these kiddos. We have a therapist we work with and he has been absolutely essential to the health of our marriage. You are at crisis point and I would really find someone. If your husband will not attend with you then I would recommend that you go by yourself. It is so important to have a strong and healthy marriage to help your son be as successful as he can be...and the definition of successful for him might be different than the average kiddo. Praying that there is healing in the future for you all!

WILDCATGAL78
by Bronze Member on Dec. 20, 2017 at 9:28 AM
1 mom liked this

Exact same for me!

Quoting Linda_Runs:

My marriage is fine.  Besides, being so active in the Army he goes away so much.  I just am happy when he is home to co-parent with me.

lpn54
by Member on Dec. 29, 2017 at 12:20 AM
I have a special needs son my husband and I have gone thru tough times but it made our marriage stroger we communicated I told him if there were things that bugged me and vise versa
thebadkitty
by Member on Dec. 29, 2017 at 12:37 AM

Well, I decided to stay at my shitty job so I could work part time and focus on my 11 year old who had been struggling with school the past two years. She barely passed fourth and fifth grade.

Being home when she is out of school really made a difference plus me not being in school myself I can give her more attention. Now she is getting all As and Bs.

Financially we are tight very very tight but in my opinion, it is worth it to cut back and focus on my daughter. I remain working because hubby is self-employed and we need health insurance. So I am basically working for health insurance.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)