Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Vent

Posted by on Dec. 22, 2017 at 5:30 PM
  • 7 Replies
Ok I love my boss, he’s great BUT so we are shutting down. Today was last day for payments to post. We had a 1pm deadline and 11:30 he and team lead take off to have have lunch with an agency in another city. Now I’ve never down a posting and the poor finance girl is stressed cause she had to do this plus a million other things and this usually wasn’t her job either but they already let go the girl that did it.

So there is an issue with a file that’s not even my agency. These two aren’t back, since we are only part of company closes and ceo never cared about us anyway and like most of hr the are clueless to this big deadline so they closed company at 2. The agency isn’t getting back to me, the tech guy wants to go home and these two are still out to lunch.

I was in contact with them but I wasn’t getting clear direction. It’s even not my job responsibility. Really I was done. Of all days to go, really you pick today.
by on Dec. 22, 2017 at 5:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
shadow_lark
by Member on Dec. 23, 2017 at 2:19 AM
Im sorry, that sounds pretty crappy. Can you talk to him about this? I can understand an important meeting, but as managemant he also nerds to recognize when his staff has need of him and be willing to be there to help if possible.
ljmom24
by Silver Member on Dec. 23, 2017 at 7:44 AM
We are all gone in 4 days. He has to stay until he’d of next month but rest of are being laid off Friday.

And there has been a lot of mixed feelings on the work we are being expected to do when we are all getting kicked out. There is a reason we are the last ones standing but still and he’s going through same thing. He was supposed to leave with us and they told he HAS to stay and they have him by the balls cause if he says no he forfeits his package.

It’s just a crappy situation for all of us.

Quoting shadow_lark: Im sorry, that sounds pretty crappy. Can you talk to him about this? I can understand an important meeting, but as managemant he also nerds to recognize when his staff has need of him and be willing to be there to help if possible.
Valentina327
by on Dec. 23, 2017 at 7:49 AM
That absolutely sux. I can't imagine how frustrated you were and the pending layoff on top of it. I'm sorry! Nice how they squeeze every drop of blood out that they can add they kick you out the door...charming!

Quoting ljmom24: We are all gone in 4 days. He has to stay until he’d of next month but rest of are being laid off Friday.

And there has been a lot of mixed feelings on the work we are being expected to do when we are all getting kicked out. There is a reason we are the last ones standing but still and he’s going through same thing. He was supposed to leave with us and they told he HAS to stay and they have him by the balls cause if he says no he forfeits his package.

Quoting shadow_lark: Im sorry, that sounds pretty crappy. Can you talk to him about this? I can understand an important meeting, but as managemant he also nerds to recognize when his staff has need of him and be willing to be there to help if possible.
ljmom24
by Silver Member on Dec. 23, 2017 at 7:57 AM
1 mom liked this
Yup we are all going through it.

I felt worse for the poor finance girl. I’m going to stop on my way in Tuesday and pick her up a treat.

Those of us who got the voluntary package have been released over the last 6 months. Turns out some of the ones sent home already in finance just sat on things and she HAD to do it which caused more work for her and us but it’s not her fault. Then her boss isn’t leaving and he took yesterday off. Like really the success of company going forward is reliant on how cleanly we close. I think that played more into my boss’s handling of it. Kind of like a screw you, you take the day off with a huge deadline thinking his staff would contact him and not me.

But it’s over. Next week is mostly clean up and pack.

Quoting Valentina327: That absolutely sux. I can't imagine how frustrated you were and the pending layoff on top of it. I'm sorry! Nice how they squeeze every drop of blood out that they can add they kick you out the door...charming!

Quoting ljmom24: We are all gone in 4 days. He has to stay until he’d of next month but rest of are being laid off Friday.

Linda_Runs
by Bronze Member on Dec. 23, 2017 at 9:07 AM

So how are you doing besides all that work mess?

ljmom24
by Silver Member on Dec. 23, 2017 at 9:12 AM
Mixed emotions

Dh was funny last night he told me after Friday i can move on with my life.

Kids and parents are excited. Already making plans for things to do. I’m not looking right away. Taking some time to recoup.

One of the girls in the regular lay off referred me to a temp/placement agency I think I’ll call in the spring. I’m getting paid and health insurance is covered until March 2019 So I have time. Getting paid twice would be helpful but could hurt us come tax season so once it’s all over going to sit down review the situation and make my plan

Quoting Linda_Runs:

Linda_Runs
by Bronze Member on Dec. 23, 2017 at 9:15 AM

I think your DH is right, but I understand you mixed emotions.  With the tax thing, it's better to owe more taxes because you earned more money than to make less money.

Things here are doing well.  DD10 finally has started to behave, just in time for Christmas!

Quoting ljmom24: Mixed emotions Dh was funny last night he told me after Friday i can move on with my life. Kids and parents are excited. Already making plans for things to do. I’m not looking right away. Taking some time to recoup. One of the girls in the regular lay off referred me to a temp/placement agency I think I’ll call in the spring. I’m getting paid and health insurance is covered until March 2019 So I have time. Getting paid twice would be helpful but could hurt us come tax season so once it’s all over going to sit down review the situation and make my plan
Quoting Linda_Runs:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)