Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is your job stressful?

Posted by on Dec. 23, 2017 at 1:28 PM
  • 26 Replies
Is it? If you could work anywhere else would you still want to work there? Do you make what you think you are worth based on how much you do there?
by on Dec. 23, 2017 at 1:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Linda_Runs
by Bronze Member on Dec. 23, 2017 at 3:49 PM

It can be, specially when clients lie to me, which they often do.

ljmom24
by Silver Member on Dec. 23, 2017 at 6:29 PM
It can be but the stress is what makes it exciting. Think I’d be bored just pushing papers. I am done being yelled and cussed out though.
Pink.Sunshine
by on Dec. 23, 2017 at 11:21 PM
Not at all. Best job I ever had. I sit at a cubicle in a quiet office all day. I don’t answer phones. I don’t even have a phone hooked up to my desk 😂
Marti123
by Platinum Member on Dec. 24, 2017 at 6:41 AM
As an NP, it is very stressful. I round on week-ends, and the patient load is really high. Like 13-14hour long days. It I should mentally straining to assure I am not forgetting things bu the end of the day. I make OK money.

Teaching is not as stressful, but woefully under paid, but the hours are good.
Linda_Runs
by Bronze Member on Dec. 24, 2017 at 7:54 AM

Here in Ontario, teachers and RNs make about the same money. 

Quoting Marti123: As an NP, it is very stressful. I round on week-ends, and the patient load is really high. Like 13-14hour long days. It I should mentally straining to assure I am not forgetting things bu the end of the day. I make OK money. Teaching is not as stressful, but woefully under paid, but the hours are good.

Medic729
by Member on Dec. 29, 2017 at 9:31 PM
2 moms liked this

I work in the ED and on an ambulance. It is one of the most stressful jobs in the world, but I wouldn't go anywhere else. 

EMS (along with Fire/Police/Teachers) do not get paid what they are worth, but I make a decent wage compared to others who do the same job. 

thebadkitty
by Member on Dec. 30, 2017 at 1:30 AM
1 mom liked this

My job is only stressful because I work with an obsessive workaholic that is obsessive with her work and extremely uptight, micromanaging type supervisor, and flips out too much; as well as, obsessive perfectionist that can't ever accept that mistakes are part of learning/growth and constantly lies about things that go wrong. Drive batshit crazy. We have opposite personalities. She also believes that no one does better than she does although she cannot do a fraction of what I actually do but whatever.

Yes, I plan to get another job. I am so over it with my job. It will be five years putting up with this shit as of May 2018. Too long but the trade off was I got to finish school and get my BAS.

I am hoping 2018 opens up some new wonderful opportunities and some room for growth. I am currently seeking for another job. The timing is horrible though!

mattsmate
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2017 at 10:25 AM

It is stressful at times but it is engineering, and not life or death, so i try to keep that in perspective. it is difficult when you are past your due dates and the customer and management are breathing down your neck but there is nothing you can do about it (like a vendor has not delivered parts you need for a build).  

calsmom62
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2017 at 2:57 PM
It can be stressful but I am pretty good at dealing with stress. My boss is great, colleagues too. I love what I do, and its meaningful.
Taterpoof
by New Member on Dec. 31, 2017 at 4:22 PM
The job I had while I was pregnant was extremely stressful as it was a customer service job. 3 months post partem I got offered a graphic design position and couldn’t be happier.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)