Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The best way to proof a resume

Posted by on Dec. 25, 2017 at 7:24 PM
  • 9 Replies

Ideas?

by on Dec. 25, 2017 at 7:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Hiker11
by Member on Dec. 25, 2017 at 8:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Have someone else take a look at it? A fresh pair of eyes will likely catch any mistakes that you don’t see.
thebadkitty
by Member on Dec. 26, 2017 at 3:03 PM

meh not all of us are connected to people with English majors.

Quoting Hiker11: Have someone else take a look at it? A fresh pair of eyes will likely catch any mistakes that you don’t see.

virginiamama71
by Bronze Member on Dec. 26, 2017 at 3:22 PM
If there's a work resource center in your area they offer this service.

Quoting thebadkitty:

Quoting Hiker11: Have someone else take a look at it? A fresh pair of eyes will likely catch any mistakes that you don’t see.

K3412
by on Dec. 26, 2017 at 3:25 PM
1 mom liked this
A university or work force center may have services available. A library might as well. Or you could post an ad on Craigslist to pay someone qualified to do it.
thebadkitty
by Member on Dec. 26, 2017 at 3:26 PM

I will have to visit their website see if there is anything there

Quoting virginiamama71: If there's a work resource center in your area they offer this service.
Quoting thebadkitty:

Elle.tea.22
by Member on Dec. 28, 2017 at 10:20 AM
1 mom liked this
Applying for jobs you don't intend to get. If you get called in, you know it's a good one
Linda_Runs
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2017 at 12:06 PM

You don't have to be an English major to pick up obvious errors.  A fresh set of eyes is always the best.

Quoting thebadkitty:

Linda_Runs
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2017 at 12:08 PM

You are correct.  The resume has one purpose and one purpose only - to get you an interview.

Quoting Elle.tea.22: Applying for jobs you don't intend to get. If you get called in, you know it's a good one

thebadkitty
by Member on Dec. 28, 2017 at 5:47 PM

Well, I am sort of doing that too I mean I really want out of my job and have my eye on a specific job but there is a 50% chance I won't get the job so... I am applying to others in the meantime. 

So far I did not get a call from one. But I think they were making an offer when I put in my resume.

I applied for another job but won't know until after the first of the new year.

I also had hubby call the local city job service center and uh they were like well we don't proof resumes but we can if you want. Um, how about no. I'm doing an academic higher ed resume I need someone with some awesome grammar and English skills! I was a bit disappointed considering their purpose is to provide services to help you get a job.

Quoting Elle.tea.22: Applying for jobs you don't intend to get. If you get called in, you know it's a good one

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)