Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Today is the day

Posted by on Dec. 29, 2017 at 6:46 AM
  • 5 Replies
I’m waking in and out of my office for the last time.

Most left yesterday and a few of us are coming in passing in the paperwork and having lunch.

It’s been a weird week to say the least. They let us go yesterday at 12:30. I stayed a little to finish my clean up.

Now temps are in the single digits even without that wind chill so we think it’s a tad ironic to have record cold as our division shuts down. You know hell freezing over. Oh and the new ceo had done a walk through on Wednesday “have a happy new year and thanks” for what showing up and making sure things were still going smoothly even though we New we were all out of jobs at end of the year.
by on Dec. 29, 2017 at 6:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Linda_Runs
by Bronze Member on Dec. 29, 2017 at 10:04 AM

How are you feeling?

ljmom24
by Silver Member on Dec. 29, 2017 at 1:53 PM
Weird, I haven’t cried yet. So only a handful of us came in today and we went to lunch after. It was funny a guy from another area tagged along. He’s friends outside work with my team lead plus he used to work with a director in my division who was going when she was in a different department and he and I started on the same day. We went through “orientation” together.

I was sitting near two of the managers and they both said same thing. It didn’t feel real yet. Like we were numb. Our VP started tearing up when we were saying our goodbyes. It was ice cold out too

Quoting Linda_Runs:

How are you feeling?

Linda_Runs
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2017 at 7:42 AM

Perhaps it will take a couple of days for the impact to hit you emotionally.  I know you have been planning for this for some time but it doesn't make it easier when that day comes. 

Quoting ljmom24: Weird, I haven’t cried yet. So only a handful of us came in today and we went to lunch after. It was funny a guy from another area tagged along. He’s friends outside work with my team lead plus he used to work with a director in my division who was going when she was in a different department and he and I started on the same day. We went through “orientation” together. I was sitting near two of the managers and they both said same thing. It didn’t feel real yet. Like we were numb. Our VP started tearing up when we were saying our goodbyes. It was ice cold out too
Quoting Linda_Runs:

How are you feeling?

calsmom62
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2017 at 2:48 PM
Congratulations on making it through. Now onto your new adventures!!
Medic729
by Member on Dec. 31, 2017 at 11:29 PM

Hugs and best wishes for your future. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)