Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Flu!!!

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2018 at 6:26 PM
  • 9 Replies
I went home early Friday as I was feeling ill. As soon as I got home, fever, chills, body ache, etc. yep, it’s the flu. And Steph fell on Saturday. I am finally feeling normal aside from a cough and sore throat, pain in my chest and ribs from coughing.
Tomorrow is the first day at work for the new year, and a one day payroll. I have to be there. Steph is better off and on today, so I’m hoping she can go to the school break program. Otherwise, she has to come with me. Yay, sick kid in the office.
by on Jan. 1, 2018 at 6:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Marti123
by Platinum Member on Jan. 2, 2018 at 8:30 AM

oh, no, my DH and I were ill over the week-end. Fortunately it was pretty mild. 

I hope you guys are feeling better.

Linda_Runs
by Bronze Member on Jan. 2, 2018 at 9:32 AM

I think North America has it.  Many people I know are sick with the flu from all over.

aj_mom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 2, 2018 at 5:12 PM

Where I live there were at least 22 confirmed cases Wednesday alone.

calsmom62
by Gold Member on Jan. 2, 2018 at 7:34 PM
Oh yuk! hope you get better quickly— curious, did you get a flu shot?

I caught a cold mifddle of Dec and it wont go away.. started out like the flu,( had a flu shot in Oct)... flying with it cross country was not fun. now its sneezing, coughing stuffy ears..
deccaf
by Group Admin on Jan. 2, 2018 at 7:42 PM
No, we don’t do flu shots. Last flu I got was probably 18 years ago.

Quoting calsmom62: Oh yuk! hope you get better quickly— curious, did you get a flu shot?

I caught a cold mifddle of Dec and it wont go away.. started out like the flu,( had a flu shot in Oct)... flying with it cross country was not fun. now its sneezing, coughing stuffy ears..
calsmom62
by Gold Member on Jan. 2, 2018 at 7:45 PM
its not scientific but anecdotally I get the worst colds/ flu/viruses in years I get the flu shot..

Quoting deccaf: No, we don’t do flu shots. Last flu I got was probably 18 years ago.

Quoting calsmom62: Oh yuk! hope you get better quickly— curious, did you get a flu shot?

mattsmate
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2018 at 9:15 AM

Even if you did do the flu shot, this year it is only about 10% effective. The prediction of the strain was off. 

Wife to Matt (7/12/09) and mommy to Samara (10/2010)

big smile mini

M4LG5
by Valeri on Jan. 3, 2018 at 9:24 AM
Oh man, I'm sorry. It's going around big time
calsmom62
by Gold Member on Jan. 4, 2018 at 7:15 AM
figures....

Quoting mattsmate:

Even if you did do the flu shot, this year it is only about 10% effective. The prediction of the strain was off. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)