Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you think it is noticeable if you hate your job?

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2018 at 3:41 PM
  • 24 Replies
1 mom liked this

What is your experience?

I honestly hate my job. I want to quit yesterday. I been slowly cleaning my office out because I hate it so much.

by on Jan. 31, 2018 at 3:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Linda_Runs
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2018 at 4:20 PM
That would depend on your job and level of professionalism.
shadow_lark
by Member on Jan. 31, 2018 at 4:24 PM
I think it can be depending on the person. Some people I have met have such huge personalities that something like that woukd have permeated the entire workplace. Someone with a less forceful aura, as it were, it would probably be a lot less noticeable unless they went out of their way to make it known.
deccaf
by Group Admin on Jan. 31, 2018 at 4:52 PM
I think it is noticeable. Your whole attitude changes when youโ€™re not happy.
thebadkitty
by Member on Jan. 31, 2018 at 5:38 PM

Do you think slowly cleaning out my office is unprofessional?

Quoting Linda_Runs: That would depend on your job and level of professionalism.

Linda_Runs
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2018 at 5:39 PM
No, but I thinks it's funny.

Quoting thebadkitty:

thebadkitty
by Member on Jan. 31, 2018 at 5:41 PM

I do a little bit at a time I'm sure everyone notices. Over Christmas, I replaced some of my things with Christmas props to purposely hide I was taking stuff home. Couples times a week I take more stuff home. My wall is clear except the clock and cork board now. I still need my job for the time being because of insurance but I am getting to the point I dread going. I have tried everything under the sun to find a way to tolerate my job. I dread it so much I just hate life,  hate waking up, I hate living. I hate it so bad.

Quoting Linda_Runs: No, but I thinks it's funny.
Quoting thebadkitty:

Linda_Runs
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2018 at 5:44 PM
I feel really bad for you. Why do you hate your job so much?

Quoting thebadkitty:

I do a little bit at a time I'm sure everyone notices. Over Christmas, I replaced some of my things with Christmas props to purposely hide I was taking stuff home. Couples times a week I take more stuff home. My wall is clear except the clock and cork board now. I still need my job for the time being because of insurance but I am getting to the point I dread going. I have tried everything under the sun to find a way to tolerate my job. I dread it so much I just hate life,  hate waking up, I hate living. I hate it so bad.

Quoting thebadkitty:

thebadkitty
by Member on Jan. 31, 2018 at 5:44 PM

I think I might be obvious because I have a very strong personality. I am also very smiley and like socializing. Lately, I been avoiding socializing and so forth. I still do it but not as much as I used to.

Quoting shadow_lark: I think it can be depending on the person. Some people I have met have such huge personalities that something like that woukd have permeated the entire workplace. Someone with a less forceful aura, as it were, it would probably be a lot less noticeable unless they went out of their way to make it known.

thebadkitty
by Member on Jan. 31, 2018 at 5:59 PM

Bare with me here. I was still finishing my AAS programming/software development program when they hired me. I graduated two weeks after I officially got hired. Mind you I was super excited about the job for one it was part-time which would allow me to explore another AAS program then find a way to get my BAS which I also got. I am very skilled at what I do and honestly, I think I am over qualified for the actual position I am doing based on what the head webmaster wants me to do. 

I was able to deal with it because school kept me busy ya know I just did my job and did school so it wasn't too bad. This was almost five years ago. Anyhow two years ago while in Hawaii I started noticing my boss (head webmaster) was breaking some of the pages then blaming me for it. She was also undoing my work/designs and started cutting me off from getting projects or tasks because she wanted everything her way despite the fact that her way is so outdated. She is 70 years old btw. For the most part, I just let it go but it irritated me because there was nothing wrong with my design. I was also unhappy she would make me fix her mistakes but I did it anyhow.

Well, she cut off so much of my work that I started getting bored and creating work to do LOL. Again I was in school so I was like just deal with it ya know. I think she pretty much just wanted me there so if she was out of the office she had someone to take care of business. Mind you the job hers anyhow is very overwhelming she gets at least 25 requests a day and 10 projects per month.

To make this to the point she is a control freak and will do everything her way despite if it is broken, outdated, or simply does not work anymore.

Well... We got a new director and mind you she is up to date with technology, web marketing so forth and has been pointing out a lot of errors in the design, site, how the site is presented (content and text) and she is pretty much saying what I have been saying all along the shit is outdated and there is too much crap on all the department sites. So she has been forcing my boss to change it and of course, my boss is not happy.

On top of that the CMS system we are using is a unique system and anytime we want features added that is global it has to be built in. The system is intended to be built to customize the school's needs. Sadly we do not have programmers that want anything to do with this system. So when the new director started I told her about some of the problems I been having with the boss. I also made it clear I want a job that is my responsibility and only mine. If it's broke I wanna fix it not for her (the boss) to take charge and do her thing. The director agreed however.... Now the boss is getting nervous because she is NOT a programmer (I am) and um expected to do things out of her league. For the love of pugs she been buying books how to create responsive designs wth? She been a front-end designer for 20 freaking years! But whatever anyhow she is now starting to use the excuse the site is being hacked when her work breaks. Since I am no longer designing the pages (I built the original layout and framework which all worked like a charm) hers are all breaking or she is breaking what I had done saying the site is being hacked. I dont think the director believes her.... Funny because I was having a discussion with the boss a few weeks ago and she blurted out she needed her job... She has never ever said that before and she has been acting pretty tense lately.

Anyhow the vice chancellor of adminstration and financial affairs retired and I really liked her alot! She retired in December. Since she retired I lost all interest, ambition, or patience to work at my job. My boss is constantly on my ass asking me to share all my notes, documents, how I coded shit which is annoying plus I have to ask permission to do ANYTHING any project any coding anything and its really annoying me.

Its time for me to leave this job. They will be hurting when I leave because there is a very small handful of programmers that know the language for this CMS plus this CMS is designed for universities which means no one knows this system... I know they keep me for that reason but Im so done. I feel like a trapped zoo animal in that damn place.

Quoting Linda_Runs: I feel really bad for you. Why do you hate your job so much?
Quoting thebadkitty:

Quoting thebadkitty:

Linda_Runs
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2018 at 6:02 PM
Your experience that you described deserves a better reply than I can provide right now, so tomorrow morning I will thoroughly read it and respond. Sorry for the delay until tomorrow.

Quoting thebadkitty:

Bare with me here. I was still finishing my AAS programming/software development program when they hired me. I graduated two weeks after I officially got hired. Mind you I was super excited about the job for one it was part-time which would allow me to explore another AAS program then find a way to get my BAS which I also got. I am very skilled at what I do and honestly, I think I am over qualified for the actual position I am doing based on what the head webmaster wants me to do. 

I was able to deal with it because school kept me busy ya know I just did my job and did school so it wasn't too bad. This was almost five years ago. Anyhow two years ago while in Hawaii I started noticing my boss (head webmaster) was breaking some of the pages then blaming me for it. She was also undoing my work/designs and started cutting me off from getting projects or tasks because she wanted everything her way despite the fact that her way is so outdated. She is 70 years old btw. For the most part, I just let it go but it irritated me because there was nothing wrong with my design. I was also unhappy she would make me fix her mistakes but I did it anyhow.

Well, she cut off so much of my work that I started getting bored and creating work to do LOL. Again I was in school so I was like just deal with it ya know. I think she pretty much just wanted me there so if she was out of the office she had someone to take care of business. Mind you the job hers anyhow is very overwhelming she gets at least 25 requests a day and 10 projects per month.

To make this to the point she is a control freak and will do everything her way despite if it is broken, outdated, or simply does not work anymore.

Well... We got a new director and mind you she is up to date with technology, web marketing so forth and has been pointing out a lot of errors in the design, site, how the site is presented (content and text) and she is pretty much saying what I have been saying all along the shit is outdated and there is too much crap on all the department sites. So she has been forcing my boss to change it and of course, my boss is not happy.

On top of that the CMS system we are using is a unique system and anytime we want features added that is global it has to be built in. The system is intended to be built to customize the school's needs. Sadly we do not have programmers that want anything to do with this system. So when the new director started I told her about some of the problems I been having with the boss. I also made it clear I want a job that is my responsibility and only mine. If it's broke I wanna fix it not for her (the boss) to take charge and do her thing. The director agreed however.... Now the boss is getting nervous because she is NOT a programmer (I am) and um expected to do things out of her league. For the love of pugs she been buying books how to create responsive designs wth? She been a front-end designer for 20 freaking years! But whatever anyhow she is now starting to use the excuse the site is being hacked when her work breaks. Since I am no longer designing the pages (I built the original layout and framework which all worked like a charm) hers are all breaking or she is breaking what I had done saying the site is being hacked. I dont think the director believes her.... Funny because I was having a discussion with the boss a few weeks ago and she blurted out she needed her job... She has never ever said that before and she has been acting pretty tense lately.

Anyhow the vice chancellor of adminstration and financial affairs retired and I really liked her alot! She retired in December. Since she retired I lost all interest, ambition, or patience to work at my job. My boss is constantly on my ass asking me to share all my notes, documents, how I coded shit which is annoying plus I have to ask permission to do ANYTHING any project any coding anything and its really annoying me.

Its time for me to leave this job. They will be hurting when I leave because there is a very small handful of programmers that know the language for this CMS plus this CMS is designed for universities which means no one knows this system... I know they keep me for that reason but Im so done. I feel like a trapped zoo animal in that damn place.

Quoting Linda_Runs: I feel really bad for you. Why do you hate your job so much?

Quoting thebadkitty:

Quoting thebadkitty:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)