Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3.5 pounds lost....15.5 to go (for Phase 1)

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2018 at 12:49 PM
  • 6 Replies

I'm in a challenge with a bunch of people.  Each person puts in $50.  The goal is to lose 10% of your weight in 3 months.  Each person that does, those people split the pot.  If everyone does, you get your $50 back.  I like this approach better than "Biggest Loser". 

Anyway, we started 3.5 weeks ago and I have lost 3.5 pounds.  Ok....I'm on track to losing a pound a week BUT to get to my 10% by the end of the challenge, I need to lose 1.7 pounds per week at this point. 

What I'm doing well (most of the time):  Drinking more water than I was before, not eating out as much, not snacking at work, journaling my food everyday, staying within 1200-1400 calories most days, sleeping an average of 7 hours a night

What I need to do better:  Drink even more water than I am, get up and move more, cook better/healthier meals at home, limit self to "cheat meals" only a couple of times a week instead of the entire day

My challenges:  I've never been busier in my life than I am right now so whenever I have time to exercise, I just want to actually sit and relax; I hate cooking....i really do; I don't have weekends to meal prep (my kids are in sports and I coach)

Solutions to my challenges:  walk or do the ellipitcal 2-3 days a week during (even for 20 minutes or while watching TV); my kids are not picky eaters so keep meals simple (don't try to make it fancy)

I'm just putting this out there and hopefully keeping myself accountable.  Any other recommendations?

by on Feb. 1, 2018 at 12:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
deccaf
by Group Admin on Feb. 1, 2018 at 4:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Increase fruits and veggies.  Even if you buy the ones already prepped.  And increase protein.  Premier Protein is great and will keep you full.  I lost 30 pounds since March and increased water, increased movement, and actually watching what I eat made the difference.  Just because I don't count it doesn't mean my body doesn't.

M4LG5
by Valeri on Feb. 2, 2018 at 3:58 PM

Premier Protein is at Costco right? 

I'm definitely battling my usual habits while I'm trying to create new ones.  For example, almost every afternoon I need a little pick me up so a couple of my coworkers and I go to the coffee place on campus.  It's also a nice little bonding and get-out-of-the-office time.  Instead of getting a fancy mocha or latte, I've been just getting a regular coffee or iced coffee. 

Quoting deccaf:

Increase fruits and veggies.  Even if you buy the ones already prepped.  And increase protein.  Premier Protein is great and will keep you full.  I lost 30 pounds since March and increased water, increased movement, and actually watching what I eat made the difference.  Just because I don't count it doesn't mean my body doesn't.

deccaf
by Group Admin on Feb. 2, 2018 at 4:24 PM
I get mine from amazon. And make sure those iced coffees are not full of milk and sugar. You can use the premier protein as creamer if you need something. It’s actually yummy.

Quoting M4LG5:

I'm definitely battling my usual habits while I'm trying to create new ones.  For example, almost every afternoon I need a little pick me up so a couple of my coworkers and I go to the coffee place on campus.  It's also a nice little bonding and get-out-of-the-office time.  Instead of getting a fancy mocha or latte, I've been just getting a regular coffee or iced coffee. 

Quoting deccaf:

M4LG5
by Valeri on Feb. 2, 2018 at 4:28 PM

you mean the powder as creamer???  Hmmmm....I've never tried that.

Quoting deccaf: I get mine from amazon. And make sure those iced coffees are not full of milk and sugar. You can use the premier protein as creamer if you need something. It’s actually yummy.
Quoting M4LG5:

Quoting deccaf:

deccaf
by Group Admin on Feb. 2, 2018 at 4:47 PM
No the liquid. If you use creamer, substitute the shake. It’s good. I use vanilla

Quoting M4LG5:

Quoting deccaf: I get mine from amazon. And make sure those iced coffees are not full of milk and sugar. You can use the premier protein as creamer if you need something. It’s actually yummy.

Quoting M4LG5:

Quoting deccaf:

M4LG5
by Valeri on Feb. 2, 2018 at 4:52 PM

I see what you are saying.  I'll have to try that.  Thanks!

Quoting deccaf: No the liquid. If you use creamer, substitute the shake. It’s good. I use vanilla
Quoting M4LG5:

Quoting M4LG5:

Quoting deccaf:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)