Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What a terrible mom I am..

Posted by on Feb. 7, 2018 at 8:04 AM
  • 19 Replies

Mobile Photo

I make her do chores!
by on Feb. 7, 2018 at 8:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Linda_Runs
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2018 at 8:49 AM

Oh you evil mom you!  Send me your address so I can call your local CPS.

While I am add it, I will send CPS my own address.  I make mine do chores as well.  My two girls are accountable for their actions and (don't tell anyone on Moms Confessions), I even punish my children.

deccaf
by Group Admin on Feb. 7, 2018 at 9:51 AM
1 mom liked this

Her teacher had a good laugh at this homework.

Quoting Linda_Runs:

While I am add it, I will send CPS my own address.  I make mine do chores as well.  My two girls are accountable for their actions and (don't tell anyone on Moms Confessions), I even punish my children.

Linda_Runs
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2018 at 9:55 AM

I am sure she did.

What chores does she have?

Quoting deccaf:

Quoting Linda_Runs:

deccaf
by Group Admin on Feb. 7, 2018 at 9:57 AM

Sorting laundry and putting hers away.  Helping with dinner (the things she can do, no oven or stove work), Picking up after herself and keeping her room clean, helping with dishes.

Quoting Linda_Runs:

I am sure she did.

Quoting deccaf:

Quoting Linda_Runs:

Linda_Runs
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2018 at 9:58 AM

How old is she?

Quoting deccaf:

Sorting laundry and putting hers away.  Helping with dinner (the things she can do, no oven or stove work), Picking up after herself and keeping her room clean, helping with dishes.

Quoting Linda_Runs:

I am sure she did.

Quoting deccaf:

Quoting Linda_Runs:

deccaf
by Group Admin on Feb. 7, 2018 at 9:59 AM

Quoting Linda_Runs:

How old is she?

Quoting deccaf:

Quoting Linda_Runs:

I am sure she did.

Quoting deccaf:

Quoting Linda_Runs:

Linda_Runs
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2018 at 10:10 AM

That is a good amount for her age.  Probably a little more than my two have.  Since 5 or 6, my two girls have to put dirty clothes out of their room and once per week they need to clean it up.  They have sorting recyclables, keeping their rec room organized and a few things I ask them along the way.

Quoting deccaf:

Quoting Linda_Runs:

How old is she?

Quoting deccaf:

Quoting Linda_Runs:

I am sure she did.

Quoting deccaf:

Quoting Linda_Runs:

coala
by on Feb. 7, 2018 at 10:14 AM
1 mom liked this

I think someone is feeling overwhelemed by folding laundry?  How old is she?

My kids have chores as well.  I have a child who was upset that I called her out on not sweeping yesterday.  She will live to sweep and play another day.  BTW my child is almost 12.

deccaf
by Group Admin on Feb. 7, 2018 at 10:30 AM
1 mom liked this

She is 7.  She doesn't even have to fold it.  She just sorts it.  She just doesn't like that she has chores.

Quoting coala:

My kids have chores as well.  I have a child who was upset that I called her out on not sweeping yesterday.  She will live to sweep and play another day.  BTW my child is almost 12.

coala
by on Feb. 7, 2018 at 10:42 AM

Just remind her that everyone who lives in the home, must pitch in to help keep it clean (even sorting laundry).

We actually moved away from calling chores, chores and use the word responsibiliites.  We found that this particular word helped our kids take ownership of whatever job they were doing.  My girls have a total of 30 mins a day of things they must take care of all the way down to cleaning their room.  We don't expect a lot, but we do expect that they do what is assigned to them for the day.

Quoting deccaf:

She is 7.  She doesn't even have to fold it.  She just sorts it.  She just doesn't like that she has chores.

Quoting coala:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)