Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Loss of a good friend and co-worker

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2018 at 1:36 PM
  • 5 Replies

Today, a friend of mine & colleague died unexpectedly from an illness involving his heart and organ failure, details are really unknown. I am filled with such sadness for his family and for us at work. He was a kind and talented guy and was taken far before any of us were ready to see him go. It's a loss to our school and he was heavily involved in policy, so really a loss for the entire NP profession. And on a personal level he provided me a lot of support listening to my children's shenanigans as well as my trials with teaching and going to graduate school. 

Last week, we were just chatting about his health, he thought he had bronchitis and how an urgent care provider told him, she thought he should go to the hospital. He thought she was crazy, as a friend, I listened and supported his decision. In hindsight, I wish so much I would have put on my NP hat, and looked at him as patient, perhaps I would have insisted he go to the hospital too, and avoided this loss. I mean I work in cardiology out of all things.

My DH is trying to reassure me, he is at peace. I feel so sad.

by on Feb. 15, 2018 at 1:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
deccaf
by Group Admin on Feb. 15, 2018 at 3:00 PM

So sorry.  Unexpected losses are the worst.

thebadkitty
by on Feb. 15, 2018 at 3:50 PM
I'm so sorry
ljmom24
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2018 at 4:41 PM
I am so sorry.

I just found out this morning one of my old coworkers died of lung cancer. Only 31. I had a feeling it was cancer but she wasn’t saying much and fugues she wanted privacy.

She left 2 weeks before the rest of us but I didn’t know it was her last day. Before she got sick she was vibrant. Young single mom. Just so sad. I’ve been crying most of the day.
Marti123
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2018 at 4:51 PM
I am Sorry For your sadness as well.

Quoting ljmom24: I am so sorry.

I just found out this morning one of my old coworkers died of lung cancer. Only 31. I had a feeling it was cancer but she wasn’t saying much and fugues she wanted privacy.

She left 2 weeks before the rest of us but I didn’t know it was her last day. Before she got sick she was vibrant. Young single mom. Just so sad. I’ve been crying most of the day.
Aboundingjoy
by on Feb. 20, 2018 at 12:52 PM

I’m so sorry.  The loss feels much greater when it comes so quickly, and unexpectedly.  My prayers and condolences are with you.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)