Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I feel like a hamster in a wheel

Posted by on Mar. 7, 2018 at 8:56 PM
  • 12 Replies

At my job.

by on Mar. 7, 2018 at 8:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
soccer711
by Member on Mar. 8, 2018 at 7:33 AM
Sometimes I do too. I really feel under appreciated and wonder if my boss even realizes how hard I work or how much pride I take in it. I doubt I’m even missed when I’m not there like today and tomorrow for example - I have my daughter’s CSE meeting today and tomorrow I have a consultation appointment in a city 3 hours away for breast reduction surgery. Granted, I don’t have an overly difficult job, but still, I put up with a lot from kids with major attitude problems, aides that are crabby towards me as well as their students and my fellow coworkers, a snotty nurse and a couple of my coworkers I’d love to throat punch sometimes.
Linda_Runs
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2018 at 8:05 AM

Why is that?

thebadkitty
by Member on Mar. 8, 2018 at 7:59 PM

Well, the wheel did slow down a bit but I also forgot to mention I feel like a caged animal at my one job. I am seriously starting to hate it with a passion.

We should discuss this.

Quoting Linda_Runs:

Why is that?

Linda_Runs
by Bronze Member on Mar. 9, 2018 at 9:00 AM

Is this the same job you had a month or so ago?

Quoting thebadkitty:

Well, the wheel did slow down a bit but I also forgot to mention I feel like a caged animal at my one job. I am seriously starting to hate it with a passion.

We should discuss this.

Quoting Linda_Runs:

Why is that?

thebadkitty
by Member on Mar. 9, 2018 at 10:05 PM

Yes, the university job. The boss is at it again changing my shit and breaking the global settings then blames me because she absolutely will not admit to fault. UGH. I decided today my goal is to quit by April 27th before I have myself a complete meltdown!

The question is should a take a week vacation have random vacations I have three weeks worth. Should I put in my two weeks and take a vacation? LOL

Quoting Linda_Runs:

Quoting thebadkitty:

We should discuss this.

Quoting Linda_Runs:

Why is that?

Linda_Runs
by Bronze Member on Mar. 10, 2018 at 7:53 AM

I thought you were gone from there by now.  Is that other job you were looking for lined up?

Quoting thebadkitty:

Yes, the university job. The boss is at it again changing my shit and breaking the global settings then blames me because she absolutely will not admit to fault. UGH. I decided today my goal is to quit by April 27th before I have myself a complete meltdown!

The question is should a take a week vacation have random vacations I have three weeks worth. Should I put in my two weeks and take a vacation? LOL

Quoting Linda_Runs:

Quoting thebadkitty:

We should discuss this.

Quoting Linda_Runs:

Why is that?

thebadkitty
by Member on Mar. 10, 2018 at 8:54 AM

Job I hate: Web Developer want to quit April 27th

Waiting to quit until my youngest gets braces and I get an allergy test done

Job waiting for: Programming Instructor should hear back this next week but suspect I may not have the job

New Job: Webmaster at a marketing company want me full time but do not offer health insurance

Confusing I know I have so much going on and a total of five jobs :O

Quoting Linda_Runs:

I thought you were gone from there by now.  Is that other job you were looking for lined up?

Quoting thebadkitty:

Quoting Linda_Runs:

Quoting thebadkitty:

We should discuss this.

Quoting Linda_Runs:

Why is that?

Linda_Runs
by Bronze Member on Mar. 10, 2018 at 8:58 AM

So you are in a holding pattern.  In that case I would spread your vacation time out and not take much of it at once.  You may need the break from there later on.

Is the Webmaster job paying more than the job you have now?  If it does, does it pay enough to cover health insurance?

Quoting thebadkitty:

Job waiting for: Programming Instructor should hear back this next week but suspect I may not have the job

New Job: Webmaster at a marketing company want me full time but do not offer health insurance

Quoting Linda_Runs:

Quoting thebadkitty:

Quoting Linda_Runs:

Quoting thebadkitty:

We should discuss this.

Quoting Linda_Runs:

Why is that?

thebadkitty
by Member on Mar. 10, 2018 at 9:07 AM

I am going to talk with the company before I put in my time once we find insurance. See if they are willing to either raise the pay or pitch in or something. They need to provide - period. But yes I get paid double because they wanted me so bad.

As for using vacation if I get the instructor job my paid vacation are not worth anything because they do not get paid vacation. So that is why I am saying why not? Use it :)

Quoting Linda_Runs:

So you are in a holding pattern.  In that case I would spread your vacation time out and not take much of it at once.  You may need the break from there later on.

Is the Webmaster job paying more than the job you have now?  If it does, does it pay enough to cover health insurance?

Quoting thebadkitty:

Quoting Linda_Runs:

Quoting thebadkitty:

Quoting Linda_Runs:

Quoting thebadkitty:

We should discuss this.

Quoting Linda_Runs:

Why is that?

Linda_Runs
by Bronze Member on Mar. 10, 2018 at 9:13 AM

There are two ways to get benefits:  you can have them provided; or get paid more to provide them for yourself.

For you vacation, definitely don't lose any of it, but use it wisely.  It seems like any decision you make is contingent on getting finding out if you have a new job and when it starts.

Quoting thebadkitty:

I am going to talk with the company before I put in my time once we find insurance. See if they are willing to either raise the pay or pitch in or something. They need to provide - period. But yes I get paid double because they wanted me so bad.

As for using vacation if I get the instructor job my paid vacation are not worth anything because they do not get paid vacation. So that is why I am saying why not? Use it :)

Quoting Linda_Runs:

Quoting thebadkitty:

Quoting Linda_Runs:

Quoting thebadkitty:

Quoting Linda_Runs:

Quoting thebadkitty:

We should discuss this.

Quoting Linda_Runs:

Why is that?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)