Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

What bugs you?

Posted by on Sep. 10, 2009 at 5:55 PM
  • 14 Replies

I never see any activity in this group, so I thought I'd see how everybody else copes with work.  What bugs you the most about your job and how do you cope with it?

People who won't take responsibility for their own actions drive me nuts!  I've been listing to our in house CPA yell at our tax CPA for the last hour because she has gone through 7 drafts of a return that should have been out months ago...  and he keeps telling her just to send them out as is and quit worrying about it.  What?!?  What are we paying you for?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Sep. 10, 2009 at 5:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
skyes_mom07
by on Sep. 12, 2009 at 10:44 PM

I run  a family business and what bugs me is when my friends who dont work complain about all this housework and stuff they have to do and they can never get anything done with the baby....i just want to ask them what is wrong with them....i work forty plus hours deal with all the stress from work and my family bc let me tell u working for mom and dad is not easy lol..then i come home to dishes laundry and still have to keep everything in order...oh and not to mention i bring my daughter to work with me all day everyday....and i am able to get everything done but they cant?? thanks i needed to vent lol

KrystalY
by on Sep. 13, 2009 at 6:12 PM

I totally hear you.  They have a full time job, but you have two.  It is all about time management, and you are forced to manage your time where maybe they aren't.  Congrats on getting it all done...  I only wonder what ball I'm going to drop when my LO arrives... :)

Quoting skyes_mom07:

I run  a family business and what bugs me is when my friends who dont work complain about all this housework and stuff they have to do and they can never get anything done with the baby....i just want to ask them what is wrong with them....i work forty plus hours deal with all the stress from work and my family bc let me tell u working for mom and dad is not easy lol..then i come home to dishes laundry and still have to keep everything in order...oh and not to mention i bring my daughter to work with me all day everyday....and i am able to get everything done but they cant?? thanks i needed to vent lol

CafeMom Tickers
skyes_mom07
by on Sep. 13, 2009 at 9:47 PM

its gets better with time and easier :)

a_star_forever
by on Sep. 15, 2009 at 9:41 AM

My job isn't too bad. The things that I hate is the commute to work. I live in Baltimore and I commute to D.C. everyday for work by train. People are so pushy and rude and it tends to bring my mood down at times. Once I get to the office after a 1 1/2 to 2 hour commute, my boss expects me to say hello EVERYDAY with a smile on my face. Just the other day I came in the office spoke to everyone and then went to make myself some coffee when he starts saying that I am not smiling today. I wanted to scream, lol!!! Sometimes, I just need 5 to 10 mins to "wake up and snap out of it." Not to mention I just came on the other day. It's like he expects me to be the jolly go lucky girl all day everyday. Thanks for letting me get that out, lol.

JanetB555
by on Sep. 18, 2009 at 8:17 AM

Hi KrystalY,

That commute sounds draining.  Have you considered moving closer to the job?

Just curious,

Parent Coach Janet B

JanetB555
by on Sep. 18, 2009 at 8:21 AM

What bugs me is feeling like no matter how much I do, there is still more that needs doing - at home and at work!

Janet B

Working mom and Life Coach

Prolificista
by on Sep. 18, 2009 at 5:00 PM

Thank you, a_star_forever!  I finally found someone with a longer commute!  I hear you - but I have to make the drive in my own car (1.5 hours). I have so much road rage when I get here that it's hard for me to put a smile on my face. I try to make it a point to take a deep breath and forget the stupid people I had to commute in with and start the day all over.  On that note, what bothers me are the people who obviously have only a 15 minute commute and are in no hurry and feel that driving UNDER the speed limit is just fine. Then there are the people that don't notice that the speed limit has changed from 40 to 55 MPH - 'gee, why is there a long line of cars behind me on my bottom and the other lane's cars are going so fast?'

KrystalY
by on Sep. 21, 2009 at 12:43 PM

Quoting Prolificista:

Thank you, a_star_forever!  I finally found someone with a longer commute!  I hear you - but I have to make the drive in my own car (1.5 hours). I have so much road rage when I get here that it's hard for me to put a smile on my face. I try to make it a point to take a deep breath and forget the stupid people I had to commute in with and start the day all over.  On that note, what bothers me are the people who obviously have only a 15 minute commute and are in no hurry and feel that driving UNDER the speed limit is just fine. Then there are the people that don't notice that the speed limit has changed from 40 to 55 MPH - 'gee, why is there a long line of cars behind me on my bottom and the other lane's cars are going so fast?'

Definitely one of my pet peeves too.  My commute isn't that long, but I still don't want to be in traffic any longer than necessary

CafeMom Tickers
lubell1217
by on Oct. 20, 2009 at 11:54 AM

I am a 40 hour a weeker and what bugs me is that my MIL stays with my daughter while  work and they have bonded sooo much that now my daughter only has seperation anxiety when she leavbes...not me. It bugs me that really I am so lucky but complaining makes me look like a snot!

dharmas_mommy
by on Oct. 20, 2009 at 12:04 PM

The sick feeling I get every morning when I know I have to go to this job bugs me. I get treated like absolute crap and can't wait to not have to come here ever again. =(

Get ready for this, I'm a young, unmarried, Wiccan, non spanking, short term breastfeeding, gay marriage supporting, future public school teacher, non-athletic, politically independent, Pro Choice, feminist, disposible diapering, vaccinating, non organic food eating,  full time working and full time student mother of 1 beautiful toddler named Dharma!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)