Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anything But A Card Challenge - February

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2011 at 2:29 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • 183 Total Views

Each month we will have an "Anyting But A Card Challenge".

The name explains itself and each month will just be a simple challenge to get us to venture away from cardmaking.

Lauren Meader has some great gift box templates that she sells on her website. She has a trial template that is free. There are instructions and everything to help you cut out and put together the gift box.

Don't let it fool you - if my kids didn't interrupt me I would havd done the whole thing in 30 minutes. (Or less)  :o)

A couple of tips:  1. Use good quality thick cardstock. Otherwise the box will be flimsey.  2. Keep it simple - it won't be so intimidating.  

Here is the link:

http://mytimemadeeasy.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=7_5&products_id=9

Add the item to your cart and hit "check out" - it's free. Then you will be able to download the files. If you are cutting by hand download the .PDF format. She also has the .SVG format for you CRICUT lovers out there. :o) Let me know if you have any questions.

by on Feb. 8, 2011 at 2:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
farrah_js
by Group Admin on Feb. 8, 2011 at 2:34 PM

Here's my attempt at the gift box. I kept it really simple and stamped the sentiment and also the flowers and then cut out. It literally is super easy. 

This is another great project for a Scor Pal, but you could use the scoring tool on a cutter as well.

LuciP
by on Feb. 8, 2011 at 6:58 PM

Very nice. I hope we have a bit of time for this since I want to try it. 

napqueen
by on Feb. 8, 2011 at 10:52 PM

i am going to work on this when i get back home 

ZOOMZOOMCANTOR
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:23 AM

What a pretty box  I like it

LuciP
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:02 AM

Okay it had all kinds of files. How do you know which one to download. I am not that good with computer/software things.

Quoting LuciP:

farrah_js
by Group Admin on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:29 PM

If you will be cutting it out by hand, download the .PDF file. Then there will be multiple files to open. some are the directions, some pics of the project and you want the >PDF file -  it will open the template. Print it out on cardstock and cut it out. Then scor on the dotted lines. Glue together. There are photos with the directions to help.

Quoting LuciP:

Okay it had all kinds of files. How do you know which one to download. I am not that good with computer/software things.

Quoting LuciP:

Farrah
avpriddis
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:45 PM

Oooo fun!  Ok I'll make this!

farrah_js
by Group Admin on Feb. 10, 2011 at 5:51 PM

Did I answer your question Luci? Did you get the files open?

LuciP
by on Feb. 11, 2011 at 6:38 AM

Sorry I saw this and couldn't answer at that time. Yes I did the PDF and now have the instructions. I hope to work on it this weekend. Thank you again.

Quoting farrah_js:

Did I answer your question Luci? Did you get the files open?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN