Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My Stamp Project

Posted by on Jul. 13, 2011 at 10:42 PM
  • 12 Replies
  • 367 Total Views

I have been wanting to put all my stamps in a binder and finally found what I was looking for at Stampers Best.  Here's some pics.

Here are pics of what I have been working on. 

Stamp on block and a stamp after taking it off.  Didn't think to do this til I had them all done.  There were a few that I left on the blocks - like 3.

After putting them on the cushion and cutting them out they cling to a storage sheet.  These are mainly for use with the flower soft.

On the other side of this storage sheet are the acrylic stamps that are used with these.

Once all are cut and on the sheets I will stamp each image on cardstock and section the notebook in categories.  Took me a couple of years to finally find things to do what I wanted.

www.cafemom.com/group/89003

GROUP  OWNER

by on Jul. 13, 2011 at 10:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LuciP
by on Jul. 14, 2011 at 8:26 AM

Awesome job. So very organized.

Nanaleena
by on Jul. 14, 2011 at 6:56 PM

Not organized yet but will be til I start using them.  At least they will all be in one place.

GROUP  OWNER

Kimja
by on Jul. 14, 2011 at 9:40 PM

Nice Idea. But, once you pull the rubber stamps off the wooden block, how do you use them to stamp with? Do they work just as well without the block?

Nanaleena
by on Jul. 14, 2011 at 11:17 PM

Once you get the stamps off the blocks including any backing foam they go on a "cushion".  One brand is EZ Mount.  One side is very tacky which the stamp adheres to, the other side is the cling side.  You then cut as close as you can to the stamp.  I found a great price at Stampers Best.  The EZ Mount is about $5 a sheet (8 1/2 x 11).  I got it for about $2 a sheet by buying the 20 pack.  Here is what it is:

Cling Cushion - 5 Sheet Pack (9" x 12")

5 SHEETS - 9" X 12"
StampersBest Cling Cushion to mount your unmounted rubber art stamps and use with any acrylic blocks.

The 5 sheet pack works out to $2.50 per sheet and includes a FREE GIFT :)

Our premium cling cushion is high density 1//8" thick gray foam cushion.  A heavy liner protects the cling side and easy to remove lighweight liner on the adhesive side.   It is very easy to work with these single sheets.  Shipped in a strong storage box.

Add ClingStamp Storage Cards

Our ClingStamp storage cards are made especially for cling cushioned rubber stamps.
The 100% recycled stock is coated with a heavy polycarbonate laminate.

GROUP  OWNER

farrah_js
by Group Admin on Jul. 15, 2011 at 7:06 PM

Very nice. Was this mainly for storage purposes? One of the resons I don't like wooden stamps is because they are so big! Great idea!

Farrah
Nanaleena
by on Jul. 16, 2011 at 9:50 PM

Yes, it was for storage reasons.  I had both stamps and punches in the same drawer and was collecting too many.  Was afraid that the punches would wind up on top of the stamps and ruin them.  Too much weight on stamps can disfigure the image.  Plus I thought it would be easier if all the stamps were in a binder with dividers.  I plan on stamping a page for each sheet of stamps, put it in a page protector and find some tabs that can be adhered to the edge of the protector for dividers.

GROUP  OWNER

farrah_js
by Group Admin on Jul. 17, 2011 at 1:09 AM

probably a silly question ... how do you get stamps off of wooden blocks? do they peel off?

Nanaleena
by on Jul. 17, 2011 at 11:55 AM

Not a silly question at all.  You can use either the microwave or a coffee pot.  Stampers Best recommended the coffee pot.  Too much heat will ruin the stamp.

Microwave - I used this for the bigger stamps.  Put stamp in block side down.  Start with 3 seconds as you can always do more.  I found the bigger stamps took between 5 - 7 seconds.  The heat melts the glue just enough that you can peel the stamp off.  Most stamps have an extra padding which needs to also come off.  You will probably have to nuke the stamp again but this time do it stamp down so you don't get glue in the microwave. 

Coffee pot - Place stamp on the heating unit stamp side down.  Leave for 15 - 20 seconds.  If the extra padding doesn't come off reheat and slowly work it off.

I found most of the black and some of the red color padding was harder to come off.  The grey padding was easy.  This really didn't take all that long which surprised me.  For me the hard part is all the cutting.

Then you put the stamps on the "cushion".  These can be placed fairly close as when you cut them it has to be close to the stamp - remember this side is very sticky so you don't want it showing.  The other side of the "cushion" is the cling side.

GROUP  OWNER

Ednarooni
by on Aug. 2, 2011 at 9:17 AM

Very interesting..never thought of doing that...and I have a ton of them and would like to store them..

Ednarooni
by on Sep. 26, 2011 at 2:27 PM

LOVE the huge flower pots/urns/ vases..just gorgeous..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)