Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Paper Piecing

Posted by on Nov. 3, 2011 at 7:58 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 311 Total Views

Do you have stamps that you are tired of or have used numerous times? Paper piecing is a great way to put a new spin on your old stamps. It takes a little cutting, but very worth it. Here's a link to give an example.

http://rwkrafts.blogspot.com/2011/09/paper-piecing-with-new-stamps.html

For those who are unsure of what Paper Peicing is it's something that has been around for awhile and seems to come and go in popularity. It involves cutting pieces out from a design and layering them on paper. This is a versatile technique and easily adapted. Rubber stamps designs are often used for paper piecing projects. A design can be stamped several times on a piece of paper and then these can be cut and adhered to a project.

Here is a great example that I found in cyberspace:

It can be flowers, shapes, anything you would like to layer. Just stamp on patterend paper or stamp and color and put together. :o)

by on Nov. 3, 2011 at 7:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
SheilaOx
by on Nov. 4, 2011 at 8:57 AM

How adorable!!! I love the idea! I'm going to have to try this....first I have to see if I have a stamp or stamps I can do this with!

SheilaOx
by on Nov. 16, 2011 at 7:38 AM

I have had this done for a week...I didn't do anything more with it though. I'm thinking of making it into a card.....

Kimja
by on Nov. 17, 2011 at 8:41 PM

Cute, I  love new ideas!

farrah_js
by Group Admin on Nov. 17, 2011 at 11:18 PM

Post a pic. It doesn't have to be a finished product. Just a photo of the paper piecing. :o)

Quoting SheilaOx:

I have had this done for a week...I didn't do anything more with it though. I'm thinking of making it into a card.....

Farrah
SheilaOx
by on Nov. 28, 2011 at 11:04 AM

Here he is finally!!!! This was a lot of fun and very relaxing!  I stamped it first on watercolor paper and colored it with copics for the shading (blue) and pink for the ears, feet and nose. I embossed the pieces that I was going to cut out, his clothes, hat, umbrella and even his glasses and pocket watch. I think it made cutting it out a little easier and gave it an added dimension. Thanks for the fun idea Farrah! Sorry it took so long to get it posted!!!

farrah_js
by Group Admin on Nov. 29, 2011 at 10:47 PM

Oh my goodness tha is sooooo cute! Thank you for the inspiration!!!!!

Farrah
SheilaOx
by on Nov. 30, 2011 at 9:47 AM

Thanks! But I would never had thought to do that if it wasn't for you!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)